Thread: What's fun in Sedona AZ?

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

What's fun in Sedona AZ?

I'm heading down to Sedona on Sunday for a week with my sister from New Orleans. Girls' trip and no special plans other than to have a break from life and relax. I've never been there, so if anyone has a suggestion or two as to things to do, places to see, restaurants to visit, etc., please let me know. One thing I do know is to avoid those sweat lodges!!

Thanks!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The mountain biking is supposed to be epic down there. I've wanted to go there since sometime in the mid '90s but haven't made it yet.

Other than that, I just don't know anything about the town, so my advise may not be the most helpful to you.

There is probably some great hiking around there too though.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    The mountain biking is supposed to be epic down there. I've wanted to go there since sometime in the mid '90s but haven't made it yet.

Other than that, I just don't know anything about the town, so my advise may not be the most helpful to you.

There is probably some great hiking around there too though.
    I'm guessing anything outdoors will be depending on the weather conditions. I know the area gets snow, but it's not the kind that lasts. I'm hoping for clear, blue skies and warmer temps!

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    We drove through a couple of weeks ago. Stopped and took pictures of this chapel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    heard there may be some good hiking. no idea sorry keep looking and pass along

Grab a cup of coffee, drive up the airport road to the parking lot across from Sky Ranch Lodge. Great place to enjoy the sunrise.

Soldiers Pass Trail is a good one. Leads to sinkhole and three arches. Most of the hikes/trails aren't long. Loop hikes are possible.

There are a couple of nearby National Monuments that feature old ruins and rock art. Jerome is worth a visit. You might even consider the Verde train ride.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    We drove through a couple of weeks ago. Stopped and took pictures of this chapel.
    I've had several people tell me about this church. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Mainly this is a trip just to get away and take a break from "real" life for awhile! I need some stress relief! I'm sure we'll find some fun stuff to do. We've got a private hot tub on the balcony of our condo so that's going to be nice in the evening with some good wine!

Have fun lady! I've always wanted to go to Sedona. We expect a trip report. WITH pics.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Have fun lady! I've always wanted to go to Sedona. We expect a trip report. WITH pics.
    I can totally see you in a place like Sedona! It's supposedly a "spiritual vortex". I'm just looking to recharge my batteries!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    I can totally see you in a place like Sedona! It's supposedly a "spiritual vortex". I'm just looking to recharge my batteries!

RECHARGE 'EM!! You deserve it. I've heard it's a very magical place. I may be taking a road trip over Spring break.....possibly I can make this stop on my route??? I'll pick your brain when you return.

If the weather is alright we found this place last year and it was pretty nice. Its about 10 miles on dirt roads but there are some undisturbed ruins and great pictographs.
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/rec...ki-ruins.shtml
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313

RECHARGE 'EM!! You deserve it. I've heard it's a very magical place. I may be taking a road trip over Spring break.....possibly I can make this stop on my route??? I'll pick your brain when you return.
    Alison, you would love it here. I will be back - only it will be in warmer weather and I will make sure the weather forecast is acceptable. I will definitely come back to this place I'm in to stay again. My sister booked our condo almost 3 mos ago, so who knew the weather would suck the whole time we are going to be here. In fact, the local weather is reporting that this week is going to be a "drought buster" week of precipitation. Of course.....I am here! But, despite the rain/snow, it is some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. We came through an area called Oak Creek canyon that was spectacular. We have a really cool condo with the most awesome views (when you can actually see your surroundings since the clouds have everything pretty much socked in today). The worst storm is supposed to hit on Wed and last through Friday. We've decided to leave early and stay in Vegas from Fri - Mon. Gotta catch the Saints NFC game on Sunday! Hope these storms clear all the gunk out of the air before I get back to SLC!

Here's a link to where Stan was just giving some ideas for Sedona:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=811341

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Here's a link to where Stan was just giving some ideas for Sedona:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=811341

Win
    I checked out Sparky's (Stan)photos and suggestions and they are awesome. Unfortunately, we are experiencing heavy rain here since yesterday lasting through Saturday. The worst storms are to begin tonight and there are flash flood watches. A lot of what we had planned is going to have to be put on hold until our next visit - and there will be one. Despite all the dark skies and low clouds, this place is still very beautiful. We drove in on a Sunday afternoon late but we at least got to see a little bit before this weather set in. I'm sitting here having coffee and looking out on an amazing group of snow dusted red formations with low clouds swirling around the tops of them. This place is very much like Zion's, but with more greenery and "up close and personal". I will get some photos posted soon.