Thread: Don't Drink from the Soda Fountain!

Don't Drink from the Soda Fountain!

Wow! Makes me glad I don't get drinks from self-serve soda fountains. Never liked the taste. It always tasted watered down to me.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9307526
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

After seeing the Mythbusters episode where they found fecal coliform bacteria on just about everything, I don't worry about it too much...
    Blog | FB

still plan on Getting my 44 oz dew every morning
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

Meh, whatever. Bacteria are everywhere, even the bad ones. Here's some cool information about bacteria:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Jay Gould
    Not only does the Earth contain more bacterial organisms than all others combined (scarcely surprising, given their minimal size and mass); not only do bacteria live in more places and work in a greater variety of metabolic ways; not only did bacteria alone constitute the first half of life's history, with no slackening in diversity thereafter; but also, and most surprisingly, total bacterial biomass (even at such minimal weight per cell) may exceed all the rest of life combined, even forest trees, once we include the subterranean populations as well.
    There's a great article on bacteria, from which this is an excerpt, here:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/libra..._bacteria.html

Blog Entries
    since everyone is talking about bacteria...(hijack thread) that reminds me of the coliform bacteria that was found at the famous Matrimony springs in Moab.

I've been following this closely, and at the initial time, the engineer who tested it said it would be closed "indefinitely" unless they couldn't find the source of the contamination. Pipes were repeatedly welded and broken off when they officialy closed last year in the spring.

Anywho...I was reading the 2010 Moab edition newspaper, and said that they are allowing funds for the "developing Matrimony Springs". So I wonder what they have in mind. The water comes out and its sanitized, but still comes out the old way (just a pipe)? or comes out it in a turn-off spigot and have it purified somehow, or what? I'm just glad they are not returning it back to its original, natural form. Granted its subpar water, but hey its very cold and refreshing back in the day...

This does not suprise me.

In my work we maintain cleanrooms and sterile environments, so we have several microbiologist on staff. We did a project on surface cleanliness and had them randomly test various surfaces and items around the building.

The dirtiest (microbial speaking)
    - Door knobs
    - Phones
    - Keyboards

The cleanest
    - Toilet seats

This is due to the surface material of the toilet seats (smooth, hard, minimal holes) and the fact that they are cleaned on a regular basis with some pretty good chemicals.

Door knobs, phones and keyboards are rarely cleaned.

>> Corey

This story is very old. KSL is very late on this one. I read about this months ago.