Thread: The Canyon

The Canyon

WTF?

I just have to see this....

From the trailer I recognized Antelope Canyon.... for those that dabble in the dark side known as torrents.... it looks like there is already a DVD copy available.

Or maybe watch for it coming to Brewvies and have a Bogley viewing party.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    They showed it in SLC back in October and a few friends and I got a invite to see it.

If you go in with very low expectations - the film won't be that bad.

From what I could tell with the scenery, it looked like most of it was filmed in Moab, a few shots in Antelope Canyon, and the rest where aerial views of the grand canyon. And just looking at all of the good scenery it made me excited for this canyon year!

Oh, and the end will definitely..um...surprise you.
    I would give 1 1/2 out of 5 stars.

but the director does a good job of playing on your senses and at the end, after watching all those desert scenes I was very thirsty!! heh

OMG! That poster looks so campy it could be good.

Gotta say though, I down with the slogan: Surviving is just the beginning, pretty much for everything!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I just picked up a DVD, I'll be watching it sometime this week. I did see a couple of screen shots and noticed what looks like Onion Creek in several of them. If it's a fun movie the kids will like it. It is rated R, for brief disturbing contect.... whatever that is...

I did notice on IMBA it was rated 5.8/10, which isn't to bad of a rating
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960741/

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    It is rated R, for brief disturbing contect.... whatever that is...

oh--just chopping up some snakes, stabbing some wolfs, bones poki'n out, really nothing for a "R" rating imo. Now if they had sex in the sand.........................

I just picked up a DVD
    Put me on the list to borrow that rig. Yvonne....hey, she's a rock climber. I'll have to admit I, uhh, watch "Chuck"...

-Brian in SLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    It is rated R, for brief disturbing contect.... whatever that is...

oh--just chopping up some snakes, stabbing some wolfs, bones poki'n out, really nothing for a "R" rating imo. Now if they had sex in the sand.........................
    I was surprised to learn that after the movie it was R. No F words. They said shit like maybe 5-6 times. More PG-13 then R, by far.

Is this flick actually coming to a theater near me?

OK, I finally watched this flick last night and the first thing I noticed was that all the problems began at the backcountry permit desk.... It was the lack of permits that forced the couple to attempt a route beyond their abilities..... how many more lives will be lost to the backcountry permits system?

Ya see.... even the movie studio's use the dumbass permit system to start the snowball rolling in their action flicks....

The movie is kinda corny, but anyone who has canyoneered the CP will probably enjoy watching it.

And I also noticed its a good idea to have a hot chick along on your adventures so that she can cut up her shirt and use it for bandages...

This movie is playing on Showtime a few times this month.

Why are rattlesnakes so combative in films? All 3 I removed from my backyard never once struck or even rattled. Still I need to find a friend with Showtime.

Quote Originally Posted by mzamp View Post
    Still I need to find a friend with Showtime.
    If you have Amazon Prime you can stream the movie for free. Or anyone can stream the movie from Amazon for $3.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Canyon-Yvo.../dp/B002LBKE02

I think most canyoneers will enjoy the flick just for the scenery.

I have never checked but I would expect this video is probably available on Direct TV and Comcast for streaming.

I thought the movie was just mediocre at best until the very end. The final scene in the movie just about makes up for what most of the movie lacks. Talk about bad timing. I am laughing just thinking about it right now!

So Awesome! This looks like the best movie ever! and my wife says "what the crap?"
    - Gavin