Thread: Trips

Trips

I did a fun loop on Saturday. I hiked up the Tibble fork trail from the dam, took the Mill Canyon/Mud Springs connector trail over to the Mill Canyon trail, then down. When I hit the southeast end of Tibble Fork Reservoir I walked somewhat over the ice of the lake and back to the Jeep. I had never done that loop before. If I recall correctly from my bike odometer, it's about 4 miles. The trail was well packed with about an inch of fresh snow from a small overnight storm. I never saw another soul on the trail and scored a really nice Nalge water bottle someone had dropped. My goal is to hike up the Tibble Fork trail all the way to the Ridge Trail 4-way intersection. I've tried before but it's steep and doesn't get much traffic from the Mill Canyon connector trail on up.
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I run this loop. It's beautiful and perfect.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

How deep was the snow? I am taking Scouts camping up by Strawberry in 2 weeks and we plan on Snow shoeing, but I am concerned there is not enough snow and am looking for plan "B's"

Strawberry will have plenty of snow. I was at Snake Creek this afternoon (6800') and there was plenty. Strawberry is almost 2000' higher. I haven't run Tibble Fork since late November but I'm sure there would be plenty there too. Most of that trail is in the trees.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Sorry to not make a new thread, but this forum seems pretty quite.

We are going to the Heber Youth Camp up by Timber Lakes tomorrow and I got to looking on Google Earth at the area. We are at 8000' at the cabin. I was thinking of just starting our hike from camp vs going up to Daniels summit. We will Snow Shoe somewhere Saturday morning.

There is a high spot called Bald Knoll to the SE that looks like we could follow ridge lines and some high open meadow areas to get to it.

I am just nervous about slide danger in an area I have never been. But in looking at it in GE the slopes dont look steep enough in most places to slide and there looks to be several areas of dense trees that might be fun to hike through.

Any thoughts or experience in that area?

Ended up @ Daniels summit and had a great trip. I may do up a little report as it was downright perfect up there today. A sky colored Blue was a sight to see!

I haven't snowshoe'd nearly as much since I got into x-country skiing. If I have the choice to do either on a given day, 99% of the time I'll choose x-country . That being said, there is a large group of roadies that are going pretty much every Saturday morning up AF Canyon and it's been fun to tag along with them. This past Saturday there were probably 15 of us or so. About a foot and a half of fresh snow made for a good lower body workout. Sad about the BYU student who died after being caught in an avalanche up there Saturday. They were by Tibble Fork somewhere. We were up the South Fork drainage.

Name:  Snowshoe.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  43.6 KB
    Are we there yet?

9. Likes Sombeech liked this post