Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Snowshoe Winterfest Feb 5-6 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Anyone have a link to the best site to check Utah Road/SLC conditions? I'll be heading in from Price this evening. It's snowing here in Glenwood Springs at the moment. Hoping for clear roads on my drive into town.
    http://www.commuterlink.utah.gov/

It's dry in Fruita atm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well I'm going to helping host a birthday party for my daughter Saturday at noon, so I'm out for afternoon stuff - her birthday is Friday and I thought we'd do all the party stuff then, but not so. So I'm out for the physical activity portion of the event (better anyway since I took Tues and tonight, Thurs off sick).

I'll prolly make dinner on Sat and can shuttle folks out to the bar if need be. I have to work at 10pm, but if you guys want a for sure DD I can try and get approval to go in late. Let me know.
    -Mike

...well, after I hit the 5:15 spinclass this morning I am just about ready to get going down to the big city. AND, I'm leaving plenty of tummy room for SUSHI . I'll have my cell on & charged 307-875-1445. yeah, it's still my business phone so don't be surprised if I answer 'Greyhair Bike Repair'

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Wooohoo! Looking forward to sushi tonight and some sake!

Bugs sorry you can't snowshoe with us... see you at dinner tomorrow night!
    Chere'

I have a chance to make a few $ helping out with some painting so I won't be joining you guy for sushi :-/ I'll see you at the dinner and/or bar tomorrow.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I'm going to have to bail. I had to have the front driveline in my Jeep rebuilt and just got it back so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow (hopefully after a quick, close x-country ski trek early morning!). Have fun!
    Are we there yet?

Great Kapitan... you will have extra cash.. so nice of ya to buy us all dinner at Bohemian.

Sorry about your Jeep TallSteve maybe next time!
    Chere'

I'm renting snowshoes at Canyon Sports in Riverdale, 13 bucks a day. I'll be coming down with Big Red

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'll be coming down with Big Red
    I'm sure you can get a cream for that. Talk to your doctor.

So, the road is closed about 4 miles short of the trailhead to Diamond Fork hotspring. We did it anyway but our planned 4 mile day was a little more than 12 miles! And now we're going to be pretty late to sushi.
    We had a great time though! Pictures soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'll be coming down with Big Red
    I'm sure you can get a cream for that. Talk to your doctor.

Missed some of you today AND tonite! Don and I had a freakin' great hike up to the hot springs today. Took about 8 miles longer than anticipated due to a road closure but was so worth it. And dinner was fabulous at Sapas even though we arrived late (damn long hike). YUM YUM! So great to hang with Wade, Chere, Heather, Joe and Don. Finally got to meet the infamous DeathCricket- YAY!!!! Bought time. Having a blast.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That's weird, how'd you get Don to do that? He's usually so shy and reserved!
    -Mike

Hey, so I'm wondering what to wear today. Is it fine to just wear denim pants, or should I go warmer?

Also, what shoes did you guys wear? Are regular hiking shoes ok, or did those get cold?

Depends on the weather. I wore hiking pants (with poly base layer) & hiking shoes yesterday. But expecting deeper snow so I'll likely wear snow pants & snow boots today.
    I like hiking shoes though; lighter & easier, but they might get cold. Maybe add neo-socks & gaitors...?

Snow pants huh? K, I'll bring some along. Thanks.

I was able to borrow some snowshoes from a friend. I'm heading out in about 20 minutes.

Hey guys, I won't be making it to dinner tonight as expected.

Today was a lot of fun. Thanks guys.

I've posted my pictures in the SnowShoeing section here:
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20238

hey,when are you going t.o join me at The bar named Sue?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

UTOH! We never made it to the bar Kapitan. We were all super tired and ended up going home after dinner. Wished we could have seen you at the Bohemian though!!

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    hey,when are you going t.o join me at The bar named Sue?
    Ooooh I tried calling you but I no longer have your correct number. Sorry we missed you.
    Chere'