Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Snowshoe Winterfest Feb 5-6 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    A Bar Named Sue has my vote for sure. Just talked to a friend who loves that place.

Alison, speaking of Cash, did you see my FB post a week or so ago about the new album? American VI - Aint No Grave new material recorded between May of '03 (when June died) and September '03 (when Johnny died)comes out February 23!
    Yup! I did see that! Gonna have to check that out for sure and itune it. Speaking of Cash, Cashed Out is playing at The Belly Up again (Aspen). Gonna go see them on Feb 19! Sleeping in JD's bed again. (only you know what that means). Anyhow, last time Cashed Out played, that dude finished off a whole bottle of Jim Beam on stage. Turned into QUITE the show. I highly recommend seeing them if you can.

Ok back to the Winterfest planning. I'm down with A Bar Named Sue b/c I like the name.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Stopped by Bohemian Brewery tonight and got to met the owner, Peter, who gave us behind the scene tour of the place. Unfortunately, they are not hiring beer testers. Bohemian rocks! However, my designated driver had too much to drink and I had to walk home. But 3.5 miles is not that far
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I have made updates to the first post in this thread. Please check and make sure your name is where it should be.

If anything needs to be changed ie times, places or people please let me know.

Looking forward to it!!!

Kapitan what do you want your name on?

Treehugger how many friends you bringing?
    Chere'

I'm there for the two dinners and the bar. Snowshoeing I am not sure about.

Come on go snowshoeing with us!!!
    Chere'

Yeah. But first I have to see how my leg handles snowshoeing. I'll rent a pair on Friday and test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Yeah. But first I have to see how my leg handles snowshoeing. I'll rent a pair on Friday and test it out.
    I didn't realize your leg was still healing. Take it easy. If you can join us great.... if not, we still have you for dinner and the bar!
    Chere'

I'm coming down sometime friday morning to do some shopping & visit family then SUSHI!! I'm up for all day wherever on saturday and dinner but I have to leave for home after dinner - sorry, no karaoke for me - I have to sing in two choirs on sunday

Chere',

There will be two guests with me. Friends of mine from MI, who transplanted to CO. They LOVE sushi. He is a mtn biker, motorcyler. She is a horse person.

See you Friday!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

How long is the snowshoe route you've chosen? Just so I can tell the wife what time I'll be home.
    Are we there yet?

A couple of us are going to hike/snowshoe up to the 5th Water hot spring up Diamond Fork canyon on Friday morning if anyone would like to join drop me a PM.

Snow in the forecast!? Looks like chance of snow Wed, likely snow Thurs and chance of snow Fri/Sat for Wasatch mountains...

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/wxt....6&lon=-111.64

Don that is great news!

Ok so I made reservations at both Sapa's and Bohemian under Bogley.

Steve I am not sure how long.. if we meet at 11 and decide the trail get started by 11:45 hike for at least and 1hour then eat lunch and possibly head back unless we want to keep hiking... i am guessing done by around 4 4:30ish.

Looking forward to seeing you all.
    Chere'

Hope you all have a great time - wish I could be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Hope you all have a great time - wish I could be there!
    We'll miss ya! :-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I'll be able to make the snowshoeing, but damn I wont be able to make Bohemian.

Does anyone have any snowshoes that I could borrow?

Packing this morning to get ready to head out tomorrow. I often wonder WHY is it that when I need to get out of town, the work schedule piles up to mammoth proportions? Anyone have an answer for this? I swear I think my receptionist thinks I am a robot sometimes. UGH!!! Anyhow, bringing myself, cold beer, snow gear and going out clothes. Looking forward to seeing you all! Just a forewarning if I'm a bit fried upon arrival......it's works fault.

Cirrus- WILL MISS YA!!!! See you this spring hopefully.

Hey, I think Friday might be out for me, but I should be able to attend everything on Saturday.

Quick reminder. Alison, and I and maybe one other are hiking Friday morning. The plan is the hot spring up Diamond Fork canyon. Your welcome to join us! Send me a PM!

Anyone have a link to the best site to check Utah Road/SLC conditions? I'll be heading in from Price this evening. It's snowing here in Glenwood Springs at the moment. Hoping for clear roads on my drive into town.