Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowshoe Winterfest Feb 5-6 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    If it's not too cold out....I'll go streaking with Don. He needs a female streaking companion.

Sweet. Nekkid is funny. Bring good CO beers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Speaking of streaking, where are we going snowshoeing that Saturday? I like Mill Creek and other Salt Lake options because SLC is middle ground for those coming for Ogden or Orem. I'm thinking we might have to go higher elevation though if we don't get some damn snow soon, but that's not really the point of my post.
    What would you think about hiking in to 5th Water hot springs? It's a bit further, but only about an hour's drive south from the point of the mountain. There's plenty of hiking opportunity up there, we could hike around, maybe see the Spanish Sun symbol carved into the rock for anyone interested and then hike the 2(ish) miles up to the hot spring for a soak (I'll even promise to keep my clothes on).
    Then still head up to SLC for dinner and Karaoke it would just be a longer drive.
    I'll be honest though; the hot spring has a sulfur smell and you might want a shower before dinner and karaoke. I'm happy to provide a shower at my place (American Fork) and Brad has offered up his too (Pleasant Grove).
    Might require a start earlier than noon in order to make showers and dinner reasonable...
    Whattayathink?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I be happy with that. Nothing funner then sitting in a hot water after rolling around in the snow! Such a thrilling sensation.

Make your preference be known folks?

Keep it in SL or move it to Orem.
    Chere'

I'm in. As long as I get a shower before dinner, it's all good. Gotta get all purty ya know!! Damn I guess this means I have to get into a bathing suit...........................

Bathing suit? at FIfth Water?! What a novel idea I guess if I have to I'll put something on.....Because wherever it is I AM THERE! I got the days off!

I am open for either SLC or fifth water, just point me in the right direction

...you DO realise that there are no changerooms on site....not really close trees to hide behind....maybe some rocks....

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    ...you DO realise that there are no changerooms on site....not really close trees to hide behind....maybe some rocks....
    Bring a towel ya wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Bring a towel ya wuss.
    I am completely comfortable in my skin my friend....

Bring a towel ya wuss.
    Yeah? While you change drape the towel over the head of anyone who isn't.

Bring a towel ya wuss.
    Yeah? While you change drape the towel over the head of anyone who isn't.
    Ok ok , I agree

Great to hear that you will be there GHB!! Should be good times!

Hey Chere'!

I have a couple of friends coming in from out of town on Friday who love sushi, can we add them to the dinner list??

I wont be partaking in Saturday's festivities, bad weekend for me for that. I have to run 16 miles and then prepare for a big party at my house...

bummer.

GHB - will I actually get to meet you at dinner???? Whooo-hoo!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Hey Chere'!

I have a couple of friends coming in from out of town on Friday who love sushi, can we add them to the dinner list??

I wont be partaking in Saturday's festivities, bad weekend for me for that. I have to run 16 miles and then prepare for a big party at my house...

bummer.

GHB - will I actually get to meet you at dinner???? Whooo-hoo!
    looking forward to it!

so do we need an official decision on where we are going?

Yup I think that should be firmed up by the locals- you all. I am driving in so I have no idea where anything is. I just follow along. But it would also be nice to know where things will take place because that will determine where I'm staying.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    so do we need an official decision on where we are going?

Yup I think that should be firmed up by the locals- you all. I am driving in so I have no idea where anything is. I just follow along. But it would also be nice to know where things will take place because that will determine where I'm staying.
    I agree - I dont consider myself a local so sounds like we wait with baited breath....

I don't really want to call it 'the plan' if making it the plan will result in someone not coming. Anyone in that situation? Anyone have objections?
    Give it 48 hours and call it?

I was hoping to stay near SLC and head straight down the canyon somewhere for a bite after. Then it sounds like others were going meet later in the evening for karaoke, drinks, etc.

However, it looks like I am in the minority and perhaps some people haven't weighed in at all. If ya'll want to head to the hot spring then make it so. It makes the most sense to choose where the majority want to go.

I'll likewise go where the majority go without a problem but it would be easier for me to stay in SLC. Not a problem though if not

I'm in for some of the activities but not sure yet which ones. Alison, I am saving that bottle even if it kills me.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"