Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowshoe Winterfest Feb 5-6 2010!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Snowshoe Winterfest Feb 5-6 2010!

When: February 5-6
    Where: Salt Lake City
    What: Snowshoe and Sushi

Keep your eye on the first post of this thread as I get more details of who is coming and what we are doing I will update it here!

The Events!

Dinner February 5th at 7PM
    Sapa Sushi Bar and Asian Grill

722 S State St
    Salt Lake City, UT 84111
    www.sapabarandgrill.com/index.php

Attending Friday Dinner:

Blueeyes
    Abirken
    GHB
    Don
    Accaddacca
    Heather
    Joe
    Sombeech
    Treehugger and Guests (How many????)
    Kapitan??

Snowshoe Saturday February 6th at 11AM

Meet in the Olympus Hills Shopping Center at 11:00AM
    3905 Wasatch Boulevard, Holladay, UT‎

Tentatively we are going to snowshoe on Salt Lake Overlook trail that starts at the Desolation trailhead, right by MillCreek Inn. But we will make the final determination that day depending on conditions and consensus of those attending. Bring yourself a picnic lunch. We will trek in and eat lunch somewhere and back out. If you don
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Would anyone be interested in Dinner after snowshoeing and before karaoke at the pizza parlor?
    Chere'

I am in for the snowshoeing on Saturday and would be interested in grabbing a bite to eat after. Perhaps someplace near the mouth of the canyon so we can all meet right after? It might make things easier.
    Looking forward to it.

Re: Snowshoe Winterfest Feb 5-6 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    Encore performance of the infamous Solid Gold!
    People could take your meaning to be something you don't intend it to be so let me clarify; it is very unlikely that I will be unclothed while at the karaoke bar, dinner or snowshoeing while at this Bogley event.

I will however, be happy to sing some karaoke! I might even pick a song once featured on Solid Gold...

Sounds like fun!

EDIT: Oh, and I like the idea of dinner near the canyon on Saturday evening before karaoke...

i am interested for the snowshoe and a bite to eat afterwods

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Re: Snowshoe Winterfest Feb 5-6 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    Encore performance of the infamous Solid Gold!
    People could take your meaning to be something you don't intend it to be so let me clarify; it is very unlikely that I will be unclothed while at the karaoke bar, dinner or snowshoeing while at this Bogley event.

I will however, be happy to sing some karaoke! I might even pick a song once featured on Solid Gold...

Sounds like fun!

EDIT: Oh, and I like the idea of dinner near the canyon on Saturday evening before karaoke...
    Ok that never occured to me but in light of recent events I can understand the need for clarification. Don earned is nickname crooning to us at the last snowshoe event. Very spontaneous and entertaining as he always is.
    Chere'

Hmmm.....
    Put me down for the snowshoe.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Just count me in for all of it. Looking forward to it!

And especially looking forward to the Encore. HAHA!!!! I can't sing but I can make an excellent back up dancer. Even throw in a little belly dancing into the mix?

Hmmm, I've been eyeballin' some snow shoes at the Sam's Club lately; but I keep talking myself out of them, "What are you going to do with those Mike?" I keep asking myself.

Now I think maybe I can justify them =]

I'll have to check my vacation time and stuff as it's a regular work week for me but would love to join you folks Saturday afternoon and evening.
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs
    Hmmm, I've been eyeballin' some snow shoes at the Sam's Club lately;
    I bought two pair from Costco for my kids. Not having much experience with snowshoeing I can say they seem to work fine. With the two pair we bought you have to make sure and cinch the toe strap up as tight as possible or it catches under the front webbing. They were a bit of a pain to adjust straps in the cold weather as compared to my MSR's (which I love). We have only been out once with them. But I think for the price and what my kids intend to use them for they will work sufficiently.

If you are not ready to buy REI rents snowshoes.
    Chere'

I'll be there for Sushi on Friday and snowshoeing on Saturday.

We are having our 7th annual wine and dessert party Saturday night so I wont be able to make the karaoke - darn! haha. would have been very entertaining, I'm sure!! :-)

Thanks for organizing!

karen
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Oh yeah, I was gonna say that you should post this in the snowshoeing section as well!

AND... I'm thinking that without any new snow, SLO trail probably wont require snowshoes. It's a well traveled trail and will be pretty packed down, I'm guessing. Might need them for post hole prevention here and there, but maybe not even that.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

OOOH this sounds fun! Joe and I are in for all. :)

I will find out monday the 11th for sure if I can go. I want to...I NEED to.........I'm low guy on the totempole at work I would have known for sure today but we had an accident out at work today that took precedence so cross your fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I will find out monday the 11th for sure if I can go. I want to...I NEED to.........I'm low guy on the totempole at work I would have known for sure today but we had an accident out at work today that took precedence so cross your fingers!

Welp Wade? What's the word bird?

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker

Welp Wade? What's the word bird?
    boss'l be in tuesday

I think I can make it to the snowshoeing event and if you do pizza after. Sounds fun!
    Are we there yet?

I'm planning on it.

If it's not too cold out....I'll go streaking with Don. He needs a female streaking companion.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    If it's not too cold out....I'll go streaking with Don. He needs a female streaking companion.
    StreakCam 2010. I'll give you my helmetcam mount