Thread: 2010

Okay just so I am on the same page as everyone else, what are we calling next year? Twenty ten, oh ten, ten, two thousand and ten, two zero one zero, 11111011010, 7DA, MMX, the year one oh or one zero.

So... What is everyone calling this next year? Or at least what are all the cool kids calling it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

two thousand-ten

Two-Thousand-and-Ten

Don't forget the "and".

Who are you calling a "cool kid"? Not me, for sure.

Blog Entries
    that's funny...I had this exact same conversation with my friends as we were snowshoeing up Ensign Peak at midnight yesterday.

It's NOT two-thousand and ten, IT'S twenty-ten.

IE. In the past I have NEVER heard anyone say, its one-thousand and ninety-nine. Or one-thousand and eighty-eighty five. You have always heard it nineteen-ninety eight. or nineteen-eighty five.

just saying.

and it's not "O - Ten" either.

Twenty Ten.

Deuce oh sawbuck.

2k10
    ought ten

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    two thousand-ten
    Ditto.
    Blog | FB

The Year We Make Contact

Two O one O ?
    See you on the Trail

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    IE. In the past I have NEVER heard anyone say, its one-thousand and ninety-nine. Or one-thousand and eighty-eighty five. You have always heard it nineteen-ninety eight. or nineteen-eighty five.

just saying.
    Is it at all possible that the reason you never heard anybody say that is because you just said 1099 & 1085.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L
    Two-Thousand-and-Ten

Don't forget the "and".
    The only time I think I've ever heard the use of AND in a number is when you're writing checks. One thousand six hundred forty-three dollars & 00/100 ~~~~~~

Yes? No?

Quote Originally Posted by ilanimaka

just saying.
    Is it at all possible that the reason you never heard anybody say that is because you just said 1099 & 1085.

Two-Thousand-and-Ten

Don't forget the "and".
    quote]

The only time I think I've ever heard the use of AND in a number is when you're writing checks. One thousand six hundred forty-three dollars & 00/100 ~~~~~~

Yes? No?
    Jman is just a little old and gets confused, you would get confused too if you remember 1085 :)

I also agree with the AND with reference to checks.

I will personally be using Two Thousand Ten or Twenty Ten what ever pops out of my mouth at the moment I say it :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

just saying.

Two-Thousand-and-Ten

Don't forget the "and".

Yes? No?

Exactly what I thought! but upon further reading I saw you pointed it out first, saving me the trouble of looking like the grammar police dick, and taking that up on yourself!
    Thanks, I am used to being the dick, its good to have a break from it.

I figure since we called 1900s by nineteen's than why not go with twenties. I'm for TWENTY-TEN. Though granted you really couldn't do that with the first 10 years of the century but you can now.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee

just saying.

Two-Thousand-and-Ten

Don't forget the "and".
    quote]

Yes? No?
    Jman is just a little old and gets confused, you would get confused too if you remember 1085 :)

I also agree with the AND with reference to checks.

I will personally be using Two Thousand Ten or Twenty Ten what ever pops out of my mouth at the moment I say it :)
    Sorry, I do let my age get in the way of my thinking sometimes. And yes 1085 was a horrible year, that's why I mentioned it. Thanks for pointing that out. There should be a nine-hundred in there too. haha