Thread: Hammock camping

Hammock camping

Just curious as to who are the hammock campers here on the Bogley forum. I would like to put together some trips to the woods in the next couple of months.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Hammock camping

Quote Originally Posted by bigred72
    Just curious as to who are the hammock campers here on the Bogley forum. I would like to put together some trips to the woods in the next couple of months.

Here :).. where were you thinking of going?
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

[quote="TooeleCherokee"]

Here :).. where were you thinking of going?

Anywhere at this point. I have put together my own hammock and tarp and am working on an UQ and vapor barrier, so wanted to hook up with other hammock campers. I am up for snowshoeing in. What do you have in mind?

I belong to hammockforums.net and there are only a few people listed in Utah and I figured there had to be more here on Bogley.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

I figured there had to be more here on Bogley.
    a couple
    http://bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...hlight=hammock
    http://bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...ammock&start=0

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    I figured there had to be more here on Bogley.
    a couple
    http://bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...hlight=hammock
    http://bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...ammock&start=0
    Thanks!!! What about yourself?

My grandpa used to use a hammock. One day he woke up to the sound of some munching and listened as it got closer. A moose ended up munching right next to him- he was scared if he made a peep that he'd be a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by uintahiker
    My grandpa used to use a hammock. One day he woke up to the sound of some munching and listened as it got closer. A moose ended up munching right next to him- he was scared if he made a peep that he'd be a goner.
    My friends camped at Tamarac one year and a bear ripped through their tents.

Where is Beech...he has a thing for hammocks. No not banana hammocks...

I love bringing a hammock. They're great for hanging out on during the afternoon at camp.

Although, I've had some difficulty sleeping in one. I've tried a couple of times, but I just didn't have the right type. I was constantly thinking I'd roll out during the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I love bringing a hammock. They're great for hanging out on during the afternoon at camp.

Although, I've had some difficulty sleeping in one. I've tried a couple of times, but I just didn't have the right type. I was constantly thinking I'd roll out during the night.
    Or get eaten by wild animals. We all thought we needed to sleep with loaded guns when we went to the winds.

Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

You'll have to check out my hammock and tarp sleep system.