Thread: What's Your Home Page?

What's Your Home Page?

Just curious what everyone has set as their Home page. I've just always had Yahoo set as mine because that's where we have our family email account but lately it is driving me crazy! They're touting their 'new and improved' version but they have this stupid, big blue box that covers up the news stories of the day, wanting you to customize the page but to customize you have to sign in. Well, I don't want to sign in every time I open my browser but I do want to see the stories of the day. You can close the stupid blue box but it is really annoying and I can't see a way to not have it pop up (I've tried blocking pop-ups). So, BESIDES Bogley, what's your favorite Home Page? I'm looking for something that shows news briefs, entertainment and sports news, etc., on one, easy to navigate page. Suggestions?
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OOPS! Must have missed that one! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's really annoyed with Yahoo.
    Are we there yet?

Yahoo was my home page for 10 years.... but those new pop ups and roll overs drive me nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

I don't mind re-posts but I do love it when this picture gets posted.

P.S. Igoogle rocks!

OK, I've looked at igoogle and I think that will work but I must be missing something or I'm just not internet savvy enough. I don't see anywhere, a button or 'click here' to make it my Homepage, even if I sign in. I can do it in the toolbar but it just links me back to the 'Create Your Homepage' screen on igoogle. Help?
    Are we there yet?

Since you are switching to Igoogle, I am happy to help you :).

Change it through your web browser

Tools \ Options (Internet Options) \ Homepage

BTW- If ever you want I'd be happy to remote onto your computer using LogMeIn Rescue and configure your settings for you. LogMeIn rescue is quick and does not require you to install anything for me to logon with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    P.S. Igoogle rocks!
    My problem with igoogle is I have to be logged in to make it work...

And some of my sockpuppets are not bright enough to login correctly...

It's iGoogle for me too. I left Yahoo about a year ago. They just turn me off.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Since you are switching to Igoogle, I am happy to help you :).

Change it through your web browser

Tools \ Options (Internet Options) \ Homepage
    That doesn't work. I tried that yesterday and all it does is take you to the "Create Your Own Home Page" page, not to the page I created, even if I sign in and follow the procedure you list above. If I have to sign in every time I open my browser then that defeats my point.
    Are we there yet?

When you have a minute today, PM me and I will then log on your computer and set it for you if you'd like. Depending on your location there may be a setting on your web browser to make every session a private session which undoes your setting changes.

That would be great- I really appreciate your help! PM sent.
    Are we there yet?

I just sent you the link to log me on your computer.

Thanks, DiscGo- you rock! I think iGoogle will work great!
    Are we there yet?

My pleasure Steve.