Thread: My rant on Sprint

My rant on Sprint

So the day after Christmas our family had an emergency and needed to call 911. I couldn't.
    I was trying to call 911 on my wifes phone and trying to call my nurse neighbor on mine.
    The phone's were just talking to each other. All I could was hear was myself on both phones.
    I tried hanging up and switching which phone was calling who and got the same thing.

Sprint's analysis is that they were 'cross-talking'. Their solution? Try calling 911 to see if it works (that should go well) and reset my phone. I go through their reset process every time I have to take a test at school and turn it off. This should work "most of the time".
    I don't want 911 to work 'most' of the time. It should work every time!

Up to this point I had been very patient and calm.
    When I told them I would like out of our contract because of the lack in faith I have in their system she told me "we'd hate to lose you over this one little incident". I lost it. I told her "This is not a little incident" she tried to correct herself and said 'minor detail'. It just kept getting worse for her.

I gave them the option of letting me out of this contract and we leave on good terms and I come back at a later date or come July when the contract is done we are gone for good. If we were to cancel early they are going to charge us $200.00 which they "can't waive".
    We've been with Sprint for well over 5 years without a single late payment and to tell me that they "can't" waive the cancellation is crap. They WON'T.
    With the bills about to roll in I can't afford the cancel fee and start up a new contract elsewhere, so I'm stuck. CRIPES!

Sorry for the rant. I had to get this out.
    Have a great day. Just not with Sprint.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Lawyer up, dude!

You should call a local news station ...

Talking to the little guys in the call center gets you nowhere. You've got to ask for their manager. Then ask for the manager's manager. And even then, maybe again.

A few years back I had Verizon and was at the end of my 2 year contract. I switched providers because my wife was with another provider. We'd gotten married a month or two prior.

I sent in my last payment, thus fulfilling my 2-year contract, and after it went through changed to another company. I even checked the billing structure to make sure that I was getting charged at the end of the billing period, rather than before the billing period. Everything's cool.

Anyway, they hit me with something like a $170 "early termination" charge. It took a while on the phone asking to talk to managers etc before they finally waved it.

I think the policy is that the peons in the call center can't do jack. So much for customer service...

After about 4 managers and the threat of going public, they let us out of our contract. Like you guys said, just keep asking for the next manager up.