Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you get for Christmas??

What did you get for Christmas??

My son and I got an air hockey table! We have all been playing that a bunch.

I also got the full set of Star Wars movies. Its been a Star Wars geekfest at my house. I have watched 1-4 so far. My kids also got the Star Wars lego games for the computer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ohh yeah. My kids favorite gift was our 3 year old Cairn Terrier. We got her a few weeks before Christmas.

I got a new tv, some biking shorts, and a new chain for my bike.
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

New helmet, harness, some biners and rings. Bunch o' stuff for my Possibles bag.

Subscriptions to Scientific American, National Geographic, JP Magazine and Backpacker.

Gift cards for MEC (like REI for Canadians).

Books: The Ancestor's Tale (Dawkins), The Demon Haunted World (Sagan), How The Mind Works (Pinker).

T-shirt, chocolate, etc.

And a week before Christmas, new Gale Banks Torque Tube stainless exhaust header for the Jeep. Not really a gift, but I couldn't handle the noise anymore, so gave myself the gift of quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    New helmet, harness, some biners and rings. Bunch o' stuff for my Possibles bag.

Subscriptions to Scientific American, National Geographic, JP Magazine and Backpacker.

Gift cards for MEC (like REI for Canadians).

Books: The Ancestor's Tale (Dawkins), The Demon Haunted World (Sagan), How The Mind Works (Pinker).

T-shirt, chocolate, etc.

And a week before Christmas, new Gale Banks Torque Tube stainless exhaust header for the Jeep. Not really a gift, but I couldn't handle the noise anymore, so gave myself the gift of quiet.

Oh, Demon Haunted World!!! I love that book! In a very real way that book changed the way I look at the world. Everything else seems pretty nice too!

Santa brought a bunch of Legos for E (for me he left enough time to play with them with E). He also brought us an Xbox360 that E just loves (he's happy about the Star Wars Lego game but loves the new Indiana Jones Lego game). He's not really happy about not taking it to his mom's place but it is for both of us...

I spent a gift card from my mom on groceries for freeze fest!!

Grateful Dead-opoly

Bottle of 18-year-old Scotch

Electric salt & pepper mill (I actually asked for that)

JPEG picture frame

But my best "gift" was the tear of joy my son shed when he opened his new macbook. He totally did not expect that!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by Partly Animal
    More debt.
    ditto

But first came Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
    Clothes
    Candy

More debt.
    Bad luck to mention it before January!

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    The wife and I generally shop for things that we can each use together like the new HD TV, Blu-Ray DVD, etc.

Without a doubt though, the best gift I could ever receive is the love of my wife.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

More debt.

Re: What did you get for Christmas??

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I also got the full set of Star Wars movies. Its been a Star Wars geekfest at my house. I have watched 1-4 so far. My kids also got the Star Wars lego games for the computer.
    I have been taking my kids new SW toys out.......

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    Without a doubt though, the best gift I could ever receive is the love of my wife.
    X2! (not your wife...mine!)

Salt Lake and spent the holiday with Steph, Brandon and Jason! Great Kids, great time! Went and saw Sherlock Holmes on Christmas Day at this really great cinema place on the west side of SLC!

I had christmas a few days early because I 'got to' work the 24,25,26(hard to pass up holiday pay) to pay for christmas. I got a few good movies - X-Men Wolverine, Get Smart, a couple cd's - Muse - , a JVC camcorder and a Bose SoundDock10. That thing ROCKS! I got lots really... I have a big family.
    .....OH, I almost forgot! My son Drew proposed to his girlfriend. She said yes on Christmas Day so I got a new(almost) daughter-in-law! She's so cool....

I got a pair of socks and a piece of ass.... and they were both to big....

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I had christmas a few days early because I 'got to' work the 24,25,26(hard to pass up holiday pay) to pay for christmas. I got a few good movies - X-Men Wolverine, Get Smart, a couple cd's - Muse - , a JVC camcorder and a Bose SoundDock10. That thing ROCKS! I got lots really... I have a big family.
    .....OH, I almost forgot! My son Drew proposed to his girlfriend. She said yes on Christmas Day so I got a new(almost) daughter-in-law! She's so cool....
    Very cool, y'old fart! That's great!

I got Karyn the new Muse CD, too - with a bonus DVD, nice!

I got a book called Backyard Ballistics: Build Potato Cannons, Paper Match Rockets, Cincinnati Fire Kites, Tennis Ball Mortars, and More Dynamite Devices, a Utah Recreation Atlas, and with various money amounts I received, I'm buying a hunting knife, probably a Fallkniven F1.

I'll teach ya how to build a potato cannon for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'll teach ya how to build a potato cannon for free.
    Mrs. Santa brought me the book. I'd better use it. Now if you know how to build one of those pumpkin cannons, I'm all ears.