Thread: Day after Christmas bunnies and clays!

Day after Christmas bunnies and clays!

The day started at 5:30 as I got up and tried to find my way through the house, quarter to 6 got Parker on his feet and moving, in the truck packed and rolling to Joe's house by 6. Loaded and the road by 6:10 and off to Cracker Barrel where we were meeting up with the rest of the group. Danny Adams put this together, a bunny hunt and game of clay pigeon blasting, he called Annie Oakley, I felt it more appropriately called Wild Bill since there weren't any girls among us. Met up with the group, 15 total, all friends, team mates, and OHS Grads. It was great seeing all of them again I hadn't seen most of them since they graduated and I was there coach. Re-introductions took place for me since I had forgotten a couple names, damned old age....LOL. Sat down had a bite to eat and told stories and listened to stories for about an hour. We took off and headed south ending up about a mile past the Painted Rocks turn off to Yuba. On the way down we noticed the temperature kept dropping finally bottoming out at -12 degrees, by the time we unloaded and got ready to shoot it was a BALMY -4 instant nose hair freeze. We took off in search for bunnies kicked one up within 5 minutes we thought alright a day of shooting and maybe some cottons for the smoker later. Well that was just a tease we hiked and saw a couple more with highways of trails in the sagebrush. Colin got into one and didn't let it go till he got it down. We had 22's, AR 15's, 223's, and 12 gauge in the field with us any rabbit that moved was in trouble. We pushed the one section for about an hour and got back to the trucks and went up the road a little farther, where my grocery getter got a little hung up, not to worried with all the vehicles we had, a quick tug and free I was....one more reason for bigger tires and more clearance. We got out and pushed a deep gully and and kicked up a few there and put them down, but no cottons :(. After that push legs were spent, especially mine, so we set up for our shooting game. What a blast that was, two hand throwers and 4-6 boxes of clay plus that and more shells for 12 gauges a plenty! We stayed and shot for 2 hours, it was incredible fun! Those in attendance were all good shots and everyone got a chance to win at least one round. Everyone was a little surprised at Parker and his shooting abilities, especially when he put the top 3 shooters out in 2 of the first rounds with one shot. Parker was elated. We ended the day with good byes and a promise to make it an annual event.

a BALMY -4 degrees!

getting ready to shoot something

where's the rabbits?

first clay

loading up for the game

getting ready to put on a clinic

poor pigeons didn't have a chance!

There was Harrier Hawk trying to take our pigeons the hole time we were shooting, it was crazy, but very happy to report that it flew away happy with out even a ruffled feather. We noticed it went to one of the areas we shot a rabbit and think it got its belly full of bunny.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweet!