Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everest on Discovery

Blog Entries
    Thanks Bruce that was a awesome presentation! I learned a lot and opened my eyes to a few more things. Glad we came!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Partly Animal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Thanks Bruce, that was a great presentation.

We hit the Factory Pizzeria afterward.
    Thanks to all of you who came up to see it. It meant a lot to me. I hope you felt like it was worth your time.

Heck ya, it was worth the time. I could have sat there listening for hours...
    It was a great presentation. Thanks for putting it on!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Have you though about doing a presentation about you climbing 'The Seven Summits'? I would be on for that, for sure.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Have you though about doing a presentation about you climbing 'The Seven Summits'? I would be on for that, for sure.
    My presentations are all pretty much at someone

I've been to Nepal two times and my wife has been there three times. First time was through a tour company with a guide and one porter. Nine days cost us between $4000-$4500. Second time we contracted with a private guide and two porters for 21 days and traveled to Gokyo. Cost $3500-$4000.
    Second trip was much better as we took our time getting to Gokyo. After summitting Gokyo-Ri and seeing Everest I had to return rapidly as I was suffering from high altitude sickness and extreme restless legs as my medicines were not working. Wife continue up towards base camp for an additional 4 days and then we met at the Tengboche Monastery.
    Her third trip was to Pokhara and the trek to Annapurna Base Camp. Unknown costs but she went with a single guide.
    Major cost is the airfare while in-country costs are very low. Second trip we paid $15 per day for the three Nepalese but then gave all three very large tips at the end, plus a bunch of extra clothing and equipment.
    Our guide on the second trip could not get enough business as a guide and has worked the past 5 years in Korea to set up his family for life back in Nepal.
    Without tourists Nepal is a dead country despite finally getting rid of their corrupt King (the one who assasinated his brother).
    Current lowest airfare is $1467.00 on AA, which is probably the worst airline in the world after Royal Nepal
    bruce from bryce

'I used to work for the government; but I was not part of the problem'