Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everest on Discovery

Everest on Discovery

Discovery is airing another Mt. Everest show tonight, just thought I would pass the word.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I watched some of it and I'll be watching the reruns.

My son and I watched some of it. He told me that he didn't want me to climb that mountain.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I just go the Dish HDTV upgrade installed yesterday after getting an HD TV for Christmas. I watched some of this program last night and was blown away at how incredible it looked in HD!
    Are we there yet?

Saw myself for about two seconds on the Hillary Step during the intro to episode two. I may show up more in episode five. I was part of the summit team that will be featured then. Airs on Wednesday.

I always enjoy watching these things

Quote Originally Posted by Partly Animal
    Saw myself for about two seconds on the Hillary Step during the intro to episode two. I may show up more in episode five. I was part of the summit team that will be featured then. Airs on Wednesday.
    Cool!

So, where's the TR?

- Edward Abbey

Agreed. Let's see the ultimate Trip Report pictures from Everest.

That's freaking awesome!
    The man thong is wrong.

I may show up more in episode five. I was part of the summit team that will be featured then. Airs on Wednesday.
    Do you have a picture of yourself on summit day so we can see how you were dressed and what colors you are wearing? That would make it easier for us to identify you if you make the footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    So, where's the TR?

I'll have to get to work on that but don't hold your breath. My wife did a pretty good blog while I was gone that is probably better than any trip report I could write.

http://bruceoneverest.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I may show up more in episode five. I was part of the summit team that will be featured then. Airs on Wednesday.
    Do you have a picture of yourself on summit day so we can see how you were dressed and what colors you are wearing? That would make it easier for us to identify you if you make the footage.

Ok, here's a few photos. Watch for the guy in the down suit.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Watch for the Red M&M... got it...

Hmmm.... I just noticed this.... is Logon going to be your only presentation? or are you going to do one further south and save me a long drive?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    That's ironic that you bring up Bruce's Logan presentation, Shane. I was googling earlier this morning and came across the exact same info. I have a group of 8 headed up there to listen in....and....someday...future Everest-eers.

Perhaps, other members will be there too?

I'm interested in heading up to Logan on the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Watch for the Red M&M... got it...

Hmmm.... I just noticed this.... is Logon going to be your only presentation? or are you going to do one further south and save me a long drive?

Sorry Shane, I don't have anything scheduled down your way, at least not anything the public is invited to. Come on up to Logan though, we'd love to have you.

Even as a kid, I have always wanted to go to Mt Everest. I've never had an interest in going to the top. I would like to camp at the base of the Ice Falls and then spend some time on the Ice Falls.

Is this doable? Do people purposefully go just that far?

Has anyone else seriously thought of going to Everest?

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    Even as a kid, I have always wanted to go to Mt Everest. I've never had an interest in going to the top. I would like to camp at the base of the Ice Falls and then spend some time on the Ice Falls.

Is this doable? Do people purposefully go just that far?

Has anyone else seriously thought of going to Everest?

I have a friend whose brother in law is from Nepal. He does take people up to Base Camp, below the ice falls. I have thought about going, but the $$ is a big hurdle.

If anyone in the Roy/Ogden area is going to Logan, I would be interested in car pooling... Anyone???
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I have a friend whose brother in law is from Nepal. He does take people up to Base Camp, below the ice falls. I have thought about going, but the $$ is a big hurdle.

What type of money are we talking about?