Thread: No camera sorry

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

No camera sorry

Well the camera I take skiing died this summer on my Subway hike so no pics while skiing this year. Sorry!

Had fun last Friday with Deeps, Terri and Lou at Solitude. I had three free passes given to me by my boss and gave one to Deeps and one to Lou. The four of us had a great day skiing. It was my first time up for the season and my first time skiing at Solitude. I like the resort. My companions for the day were amazing skiers! The guys dragged me behind them as I tried to keep up. Lou is a ski instructor so I received a few free tips that I found very helpful!

Yesterday I took my princess snowboarding. She was my teacher and this was my second attempt at snowboarding. Last time was 4 years ago at night at Wolf Mountain. She and I headed to Powder Mountain. I heard they had Hidden Lake open but not Paradise and over night had only received 2" of new snow. We stayed on Sundown only. I am so sore today I can hardly breathe!!! I did learn how to carve turns, however I have to take up the entire run to do so. It scares the shit out of me when I am turning using that front edge and end up facing uphill. But I am very proud of myself I can turn both directions now. I am very bruised and beaten. Getting out of bed this morning was a chore my neck is so stiff from slamming my head into the snow a dozen times or more. Good thing I had my helmet on. Too bad I don't have a helmet cam that would have made for some hillarious footage... especially getting off the lift. I think I only successfully did that once. I know the lift operators were in hysterics. Maybe someday I will break down and take lessons. For now back to controlling 4 edges instead of 2.
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement