Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Droid/Android

I wish someone would create an app that would make a smart phone work as a wireless remote for a SLR. How sick would that be? ... but I dont think the phones have IR sensors.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    text messages are much easier to follow as it puts them in a thread.

How is Droid different than Iphone?

James
    Not much, but it's starkly different from a BlackBerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    I wish someone would create an app that would make a smart phone work as a wireless remote for a SLR. How sick would that be? ... but I dont think the phones have IR sensors.
    there's an app for the iPhone that does that....but it requires the camera be hooked up to a wi-fi equipped computer....because of the lack of IR
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

24 hours with my Droid and so far so good. Seem much more customizable then the iphone

Can anyone recommend some cool widgets?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    24 hours with my Droid and so far so good. Seem much more customizable then the iphone
    sweet summit. please post more of your impressions about it and what you like. i'm interested. i think it's about time that something different competes on the level of the iphone. the future will be interesting!

out of curiosity, summit, when you're on a browser on the droid posting a comment on bogley, how does the matrix of emoticons affect the speed of using the text input window.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    out of curiosity, summit, when you're on a browser on the droid posting a comment on bogley, how does the matrix of emoticons affect the speed of using the text input window.
    I will test it out.
    One thing that sucks is the lack of the pinch zoom after using the iphone its definitely a feature I am missing out on.

Driod photo of my camera setup from tonight's sunset on Utah Lake

On the VZ tavigator or google earth can you enter a GPS cordinate and have it find it like a GPS? If so does it work in remote places like a true GPS or only in the network coverage ares like the current VZnavigator i have on my LG dare?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum222
    On the VZ tavigator or google earth can you enter a GPS cordinate and have it find it like a GPS? If so does it work in remote places like a true GPS or only in the network coverage ares like the current VZnavigator i have on my LG dare?

Thanks
    The Droid uses google maps, I can view any map that I have created on maps.google.com directly on my phone.
    As far as working off the grid I have no idea.. yet.

I installed the Swype Android Beta last night and its now my default on screen keyboard ... ridiculously awesome. After playing with it only for 10min its obvious that this will be the industry standard for any touch screen phone.

http://www.androidcentral.com/downlo...-swype-android

I don't get how swype works. I guess I'll try it out and see how it well it does on windows mobile.

Wow. It kind of creeps me out how well it works. It really just knows what I want it to type. Have you guys ever read any of those email forwards where you can have all the words mispelled but as long as the first and the last letters are correct, your mind doesn't notice? It must be something along those lines.

Example:

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

I found swype for android and this is typed with swype.its harder when youdon't know the kiteboard.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

using swype exclusively now, also been testing out the dolphin browser that has a built-in punch zoom feature.

I tried Swype on my Droid and liked it, but the messaging app did not. I had messages that were continually returned to me, telling me that my message was not in English. I ended up having to remove the keyboard and go back to the default one. It's a good idea, but definitely takes some getting used to.

There is a Redbox app that gives the codes for the free movie everyday. Haven't tried getting a free movie yet.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

downloaded and tested the redbox app and it works.. free movies~!

Installed Quake 3.. hard to play with the controls but still awesome.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/02/do...3-on-your.html
    (you can download Kwaak3 by scanning the attached qr below)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

so last Sunday I decided to take the plunge and root my phone.

best decision I ever made. I got it rooted, installed a ROM that has 5 desktops (some have 7), and is based off the nexus one. also 2.1!!!!

anyone else tried it yet?
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

I have been flirting with the idea but I have been waiting for the 2.1 update. I heard that some people have had some nightmarish issues with their rooted phones being updated to 2.1 automatically... but maybe that's been resolved.

Man, they are on top the advertising...

Name:  droid cap..jpg
Views: 714
Size:  45.5 KB

Any cool new apps out there?

I recently replaced my home screen with LauncherPro, the scrolling icon bar is pretty awesome and my home pages are now clutter free.
    I also been enjoying the tapatalk home page widget, latest posts on bogley are just a single tap away.