Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid/Android

Droid/Android

anyone own one?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

how do you like it?

I am not that keen on the mytouch or iphone.. so considering the driod at this time.

I do, I'm lovin it. I'm posting this from my droid. It syncs my facebook contacts with my phone contacts, I have all 7 of my emails pulled into my droid, and it has a desktop where I have my widgets.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

I have the iPod touch and apart from the plethora of Apps, I actually prefer the Droid for browsing and email. The app store is about 1/10 of ipods, bit it still has many useful products. The phone works fine and text messages are much easier to follow as it puts them in a thread. At&t doesn't have the coverage necessary for my travels, so it was a no brainer to go with the Droid.

I was going to mention that if you are thinking that the slide out keyboard on the Droid is a selling point - get your hands on it and give it a go. I never use it as I think it was poorly designed and for me, it is very difficult to use. The onscreen keyboards (portrait for one handed or landscape for two) works great.

Other nice features are the docking station (turns your Droid into a desktop clock/photo picture frame/weather station and the car dock coupled with the navigation feature that is AWESOME!!!

Just in the short time I have owned it, the number of Apps available for the device has increased a bunch. I recommend going to a Verizon retailer and getting your hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    text messages are much easier to follow as it puts them in a thread.

How is Droid different than Iphone?

James

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    text messages are much easier to follow as it puts them in a thread.

How is Droid different than Iphone?

James

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    But can you natively sync with Exchange? Calendar/Tasks/Mail ?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Looks like Droid has around 22,000 apps now.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    But can you natively sync with Exchange? Calendar/Tasks/Mail ?
    iPhone = Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Looks like Droid has around 22,000 apps now.
    Apple hit a million back in November.

i'm working on a bunch of screenshots right now i'll post them soon.

ok my desktop

contacts sync with facebook.

text messaging bundled into threads

google earth, the blue dot is my GPS location.

this is just scratching the surface.. i think my favorite part is when i go to a web page and there is a phone number in just plain text (no link) i can select it on the web page and will automatically start calling.

when i was looking for parts i was browsing this site. http://www.usedpartscentral.com/search_utah.htm

from my droid all i had to do was select the number and it would call them. when they didn't have what i was looking for i ended the call and selected the next number. i ended up calling about 40 people before i found someone with the part i needed.

what about transferring music... is it really drag and drop.

BTW itunes blows

Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    what about transferring music... is it really drag and drop.

BTW itunes blows
    i have pandora, imeem, and my own music. all i do is plug the droid into the computer and mount the drive. drag my music files anywhere onto the phones drive and droid does the rest.

Damn, that Droid is lookin' FREEKIN SWEET.

How much did it cost by the way?

So far the best deal I have found is $150 per phone w/ 2year contract and no activation fees. $140 a month for 2 lines with 1400 shared min and one data plan ...... but after fees/taxes/BS I am sure it will be more.

If anyone can do better I am all ears.

all i can say is thank god for a share plan.

the phone cost me $199, but after three weeks the $100 mail in rebate arrived so it was $100. the data plan is per smartphone so if you get two droids you have to have 2 data plans. so the data plan is $30/month on top of the plan we have is about $30 for me. so i pay $60 to my dad every month.. he pays $147 for our 3 phones, he has insurance on his. plus a ton of minutes because it's a business phone.

but if i was to do it as a single plan it would be around $100/month.

in that case, hell no.

I was planning on getting the droid and a non-smart phone with mp3 player and a 3.5mm jack.

I just got the Droid Eris and I am stoked on it. I did a bunch of research on the difference between Droid and Droid Eris and the Eris was definitely for me. I don't text so didn't need the slide out keypad, they do basically the same thing. A bit of a smaller screen but looks good to me. Smaller & sleeker than both the iphone and Droid. It also has 6 different homepages to the Droid's 3. The other concern was that the Eris was not running Android 2.0 but Verizon has confirmed the upgrade in January. I had a new every two and right now they have a buy one get one free deal so it cost me $50 out of pocket and got a free one for my wife. My first smart phone and not looking back.

I did a ton of research and wound up with this. Do a compare between the two and see what you think. I never went to a Verizon store but many said they went to buy the Droid and ended up leaving with the Eris.