Thread: Wet in BC

Wet in BC

Gulp! I feel a little nervous; I'm taking a risk here. Blogging with a bunch of strangers. What has drawn me here is my fascination with where the art/sport/adventure of "gorging" has gone. "Gorging", that is what you all call over eating, right? OK, I've learned enough over the past few months (THANKS DAN R.) that I know to call it canyoneering!

I am female (likely twice the age of some of you)! I grew up in SLC back when the playground was not well used and exploits were kept pretty private. (Like pulling up the survey stakes hoping to prevent Snowbird from developing some of the best skiing). Keeping things quiet in those days also gave us the best shot at first runs; untracked snow and untracked slots. Selfish, but true.

I currently live in Canada. I'm slower than used to be but still love to telemark, climb, paddle, bike, hike, and explore the canyons. I love wandering around the fringes of your websites seeking to rediscover my past, read trip reports, view your FABULOUS photos, and enjoy your bantering. It shocks me once in a while to come across references to the adventures my friends and I had back nearly 30 years.

Cudos to you guys and gals...the NEW BREED, especially to the new "ghosting" techniques. Anyone, even a "mere girl" like me, can drill a bolt in a rock but you guys...that's commitment. I hope to meet some of you sometime. I hear there are some nice canyons right here in Vancouver. Not much redrock though.

Play fair and have fun! J. West (aka J. Hall)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to bogley.

hey j, glad to have you onboard...

Welcome, fellow BCer! (I live in Delta) I keep saying I have to check out some local canyons, but with the really short season, cold water, and my love of red rock, it just hasn't happened yet...

Howdy & Welcome

Very cool. Welcome to the hood.

welcome

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Hey Lady welcome to the pack! Glad to have ya.
    Chere'

Welcome to Bogley!

Right now, they are all strangers, but soon you will find that they are all just strange.

Actually, this is a great group of people. I look forward to meeting you someday along the way.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum