Thread: Sledding.. you know with a Sled or a Tube

Sledding.. you know with a Sled or a Tube

Ok so it has been years since I have been sledding and I was thinking of taking my little girls tubing down the Hill at the golf course up by Park City.. Does anyone know if they still let people do this up there? any other good hills to go on?
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bad idea.
    Good idea!
    Take the kids with Beech and the boys sledding!

Your in Tooele yes? stansbury, just behind the clinic has some pretty decent sledding for kids, if you can get there when no huge crowd is. Even when crowded its not to bad. Iv taken my kids up to donut falls in he cotto woods, always crowded but pretty good.

I thought about Stansbury (yes I am in Tooele :) ).. but figured there wouldn't be much snow by then and none that is soft and fluffy for my 5 year old to crash into...

When I was a kid my brother and I got those little sheet of plastic sleds that rolled up.. anyhow my Dad took us up Parleys and we literally were sledding on the hills that led onto I80. Really Steep and had to make sure that we didn't go onto the road and get dead. after we were done we drove towards the golf course and there were all these people sledding without the risk of cars hitting them. Haven't gone sledding since but I have always wanted to go there :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

a 5 year old eh?
    We try to hit stansbury shortly after a storm, a day later its all ice and steep and no a good place for a young kid.
    Have you thought about behind the moose lodge on the way in to middle canyon?
    Its close no matter where you live in tooele, not too steep, a long shot from hitting the road if he got going, and I have not really seen anyone there in recent years, its mostly unused. Iv taken my now 6 year old to donut falls, even when he was 2 and 3, had a good time, lots of people there, but nothing bad.
    Was it donut falls? Now i have to ask my wife, we went there at her urging, I had never been before, Ill ask her when I see her next and try to remember to let ya know.
    You may want to consider the hills above the reservoir in grantsville, the ones on the way up to davenport and north willow. Not far off the road, close to highway, and home.
    After the gate is closed in middle and settlement canyons I take my kids up there and walk in to sled down the road when no cars can get on it.
    Nice place for a bike ride in the spring too when the snows gone but the gate is not opened.
    The good places in town are gone, in the past 15 to 20 years houses have been built on those areas.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Here's how we do it:

- Option 1: 50' rope tied to the rear of the ATV with sled or inner-tube attached in the North/East side of 5Mile Pass (open field, usually has over a foot of snow on the ground).

- Option 2: Drive up toward Park City and just pay to tube (opposite side of freeway from the Jeremy Ranch Golf Course).

Either way, its loads of fun!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce