Thread: Post from Email

Post from Email

A comment or two has been made by some of the canyons group members that the reason they like yahoo groups is because they like to read and participate via email, without logging into a separate (more cumbersome) site. anyone know if this is possible on phpBB forums?

I know there is a mod for phpBB2, but i wasn't sure if this is 2.0 or 3.0.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    Bogley's format is being discussed on the yahoo site. A question came up that I have wondered also. On the ACA site when you receive an email alert you can scan down and read the message. Is this possible on bogley?

Mark
    A link (below) was posted at the Yahoo group about email intergration with a forum. I doubt I would use it (unless Bogley eventually gets blocked at work) but can something like this be applied here?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151222

Bogley BigShot
    Option in your profile

Always notify me of replies:
    Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

But then you would still have to come to the board first to post on the topic.

Also - look at the red band at the top of the BB board. Click on the mail option. You can get your own Bogley email.

Welcome to Bogley

Less spam, plenty of space and access from anywhere.
    Welcome to your email for Bogley, powered by Google, where email is more intuitive, efficient and useful.

Seems there is an option somewhere to get all posts via mail? - I cringe at the idea of getting emails for all posts, but now I have a blackberry - I would actually like the option of getting replies to threads I post in via mail. Anything that saves time!

I am sure they have it. Lots of mods for these BB's. Unfortunately the more mods that you have installed means you have a higher chance of problems. That's why we try to keep Bogley simple. However, we have some new stuff in development right now for Bogley. It'll be coming in the near future...a much more robust and powerful forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Always notify me of replies:
    Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.
    kind of... but not really. i don't want a notification, i want the actual reply... and the ability to reply back to it via email.

two things - one would be to get a daily digest, i.e. i could get an email every day with all the posts made in all the canyoneering topics, just to read quickly. and the other is the ability to post FROM writing an email.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I am sure they have it. Lots of mods for these BB's. Unfortunately the more mods that you have installed means you have a higher chance of problems. That's why we try to keep Bogley simple. However, we have some new stuff in development right now for Bogley. It'll be coming in the near future...a much more robust and powerful forum.
    and these are?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    and these are?
    Well, I don't want to let the cat out of the bag so quickly. A test area of the new site will be coming to the BigShots section for testing soon. We invested in a pro forum software with loads of upgrades and endless possibilities. I am sure we could easily add this sort of email notification to our new platform. Our current platform is hard and risky to make upgrades. Our new platform will be much easier and you wont believe the capabilities. We have been pulling our hair out for the last month trying to figure out how to get everything migrated. It has been tricky and will take many hours to make the switch. Yet the payoff is going to be epic for everyone.

and these are?
    Well, I don't want to let the cat out of the bag so quickly. A test area of the new site will be coming to the BigShots section for testing soon. We invested in a pro forum software with loads of upgrades and endless possibilities. I am sure we could easily add this sort of email notification to our new platform. Our current platform is hard and risky to make upgrades. Our new platform will be much easier and you wont believe the capabilities. We have been pulling our hair out for the last month trying to figure out how to get everything migrated. It has been tricky and will take many hours to make the switch. Yet the payoff is going to be epic for everyone.
    vbulletin?

sounds awesome, by the way.

Again, not sure I would use it, but I do see the appeal of getting an email digest of everything said in a specific section like canyoneering. Seems like this might be useful for section mods as well.
    Maybe something to consider after the impending transition, especially if it becomes easy with the new forum software...

And hey, Scott, I'm not really sure what I could do, but if there's some way I could help with the transition I'd love to help out around here. I could make some time...

and these are?
    Ok it's the christmas season and I am in a joyous mood. Where do I go and give myself the gift of being a bigshot? I've always wanted to be a bigshot in something.

Found it didn't know there was a store.

Thanks guys.

Don, thanks for the offer and we may certainly take you up on that. We'll be posting a link to the new software in the BigShots section once we get it close enough for preview. You could help us test the new system and perhaps help in other areas too. It might not be until after the holidays, but we are making progress lately. It has been painful moving all the data and time consuming. I think we purchased the new software 2-3 months ago.

Mark, yep you can become a BigShot in the store: http://bogley.bigcartel.com Thanks to everyone who has helped thus far. Your generous donations are going directly into Bogley improvements and operating costs.