Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vasectomy Happens Monday

Vasectomy Happens Monday

So I had a bolt removed out of my right foot this morning and then Monday morning I am having a vasectomy. We figure after 3 kids it is time and I may as well get it done while I am off work for the foot so I don't have to take any leave to recover from it. Thankfully the Doc on base was able to push the authorization through in a timely manner unlike how the clinic usually works. So for my Christmas Present I get NO MORE KIDS.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

priceless! now thats a merry christmas.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar

Sharp objects + Testicles =
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

The smell of burning "Vas" is the second worst part.. having a doctor continually tell you to relax while he is cutting your Junk now that sucks
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Oh boy....there aren't any good thoughts coming from this post.

Good luck man.

yah there are TooeleCherokee is cryptic and speaks in riddles.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

When I got mine in July, for the next week and change it felt like I'd been kicked in the groin by a mule. Course it didn't help that I wasn't fully numb when the burning started...

Have fun, bud. Better you than me... again.

Just hope the power doesn't go out in the middle of the procedure. That's really nerve wracking...

- The Voice Of Experience

reminds me of a gary larson cartoon. imagine two cars driving down the road. each car has a dog hanging it's head out of the window. one dog has a big smile on it's face and says to the other dog "my owner is taking me to the vet. he's going to get me tutored"

That was the most painful experience in my life

[quote=Iceaxe]That was the most painful experience in my life

too many horror stories out there about pain after the big V. Did mine 15 years ago on a Friday and played league basketball on Tuesday. Get some Compression shorts to hold the boys in place and go about your life as usual.

Hey, the power went out during mine, but it really wasn't a horror story. Hardly any pain - a couple of slightly sensitive days, and that was it. Nothing to it!

Seriously, happy christmas and all the best with that.

I had no idea it was so painful. I hope between Kev's story of the power going out and Shane and ilanimaka saying they felt like they had been kicked in the groin for the following year, I hope you guys are just messing with snccoulter and it isn't as bad as it actually sounds. Cause if I weren't scared before this post, I would be now.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I had no idea it was so painful. I hope between Kev's story of the power going out and Shane and ilanimaka saying they felt like they had been kicked in the groin for the following year, I hope you guys are just messing with snccoulter and it isn't as bad as it actually sounds. Cause if I weren't scared before this post, I would be now.
    when I had mine done it was not that bad after the fact, during the procedure I was umm tense and the doc had to pull on the vas to get enough to clamp and burn, unfortunately the local doesn't go that deep and that seriously hurt. Also avoid using your tool for at least 2 weeks.. I used my tool a week after and that was the only time I really had pain after the procedure :). Never took any of the pain meds still have them in the cabinet actually. I don't know about a change in taste and I don't think I will ever know

Good luck on ya Steve we are all rooting for you to get this done
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

reminds me of a gary larson cartoon. imagine two cars driving down the road. each car has a dog hanging it's head out of the window. one dog has a big smile on it's face and says to the other dog "my owner is taking me to the vet. he's going to get me tutored"
    It reminds me of another one: The one dog has a dictionary open and he's kindof gloating to another dog. The caption says "See, it says it right here; FIXED means to make better."

Seems to me that having it done is no big deal.
    a cut a tug a snip, some burning and repeat for the other side.
    A pair of sweats and a jock strap for a few days, some ice, should be good to go in no time.
    People that take care of it and follow the rules after it are normally back to normal in 3 days.

Now then, when I had mine done about 5 years back, I got a ride, they gave me a tiny blue pill in teh waiting room, and called me back about 20 minutes later to do the deed.
    By that time, I would not have cared if they shaved my bean bag with a cheese grater and splashed after shave on it.
    THe one thing that did bother me was him asking if I wanted to sit up so I could watch, and he would bring a mirror over so I could see it all.
    I laid back, and skipped the watching! A very minor pinch to get the shot, laid back for a few minutes for it all to kick in and we got started.
    never felt a thing, made a simple tiny cut in the middle of the bag, pulled the tubes to it and cut cut burn! Here came problem number two, he holds up the part he cut out and says "This is the part we juts took out of you!"
    I really did not need to see it, just throw it away!
    then he tucked the remainder back inside and fished the otehr sides tubes out the same hole. got that done and 3 stitches to close it up, sent me on my way home.
    I happen to be allergic to loritabs, so they always give me percaset.

The key to recovery is to not do a damned thing!
    I took my pain pills and kept the boys iced down and was fine. THey key is to remember to take an anti-inflammatory between the pain pills.
    They get swollen to huge softball sized melons, taking that extra bit of medicine keeps swelling down and helps with the bruising.
    My bag looked like mike tyson had used it for a speed bag for a month.
    No sex the first week, no sex with out protection till you get results back saying teh swimmers are gone!
    I know a guy who got cut, had heard 20 times then your clear and can have sex!
    2 weeks after his surgery, BAM! his wife was pregnant again!
    I spent alot of time polishing the pope after week 1, plus all the sex we could fit in for 5 more weeks.
    Went back and tossed a sample at them, they called me an hour later, still got sperm, keep up the cleaning out, see you again in 4 more weeks.
    It was impossible to double my regime on cleaning out the left overs, 2 or 3 times a day plus sex 3 or 4 times a week, how do ya double that? 4 or 6 times at cranking it by hand a day? Id have blisters on my dong!
    So I kept the same schedule, and after a total of 10 weeks, 1 for recovery, 9 for spanking it, cleaning out the pipes, and I was certified all juice and no seeds.
    Recovery was easy, the surgery was easy, but remember no ride home and you get no tiny pill before they get started. I got my scripts filled the night before I had surgery so it was to the doc, straight home to the recliner and ice and pain pills and tv.

Everyone makes it sound bad and some people do have major problems with it, but if you use a doc you trust, researched a bit, made sure he did not have tons of complaints against him about that procedure, and follow the rules after its over, its really minor, over fast, and I can promise you, that worry free sex is well worth a lot more pain and problems than I had to go through when I had mine done.