Thread: Larry Canyon Debrief Part 1: Side issues / nomenclature etc.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Larry Canyon Debrief Part 1: Side issues / nomenclature etc.

A place to comment on items in the Part I, without disrupting the flow of the debrief. Please keep these comment non-judgmental.

[quote=TNTRebel]
    I was so pissed at myself for taking the risk that caused the accident. I am normally so anal about safety that other canyoneers that go with me get annoyed. Things like no exposure without at least a belay. Even with the first one down the rap, I use a biner block to tie of the rope and use the pull side as a belay for the first person down, so they don

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    [quote=TNTRebel]
    The extra rappel webbing proved invaluable in this situation. Also the duct tape was useful, but was old and I didn

I'll ditto on the Gorilla tape. Burly stuff. Much prefer to duct tape. Stuff I have is narrower, though, which I prefer for most things. Duct tape is pretty wide. Maybe too wide to be practical? I guess not for some stuff.

Gorilla tape seems much thicker and stickier. Might suck for blisters as it might pull up the skin! For splinting my bet is that it would work great. Also be good for much other repairs, both personal and gear.

I keep mine in a ziplock, which, seems to keep the glue from off gassing as much (maybe). Also, I'm not a huge fan of wrapping tape around bottles and much prefer to just carry it on a roll. Seems to last better and I have a decicated tape roll, not a bottle with tape on it (that I might need to lend to someone, drop, etc). Just seems to gunk up whatever its attached to.

-Brian in SLC