Thread: I just got to a new level on this facebook game I'm playing!

I just got to a new level on this facebook game I'm playing!

Why is it ok to post this kind of bullshit every few minutes on FB but an obvious faux pas to post it here? Do people just not realize how annoying these kind of game updates are?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

might say something about the types of friends you have...

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs

Honestly, most of it comes from people I used to know; old high school acquaintances who have hit me up on FB (I don't go looking for those people) or Army acquaintances. I use the word acquaintance on purpose because outside of Facebook I'm really not friends with most of these people. I don't want to be a dick and reject thier friend-request on the site but neither do I want to read about their crops in Farmville.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs

Honestly, most of it comes from people I used to know; old high school acquaintances who have hit me up on FB (I don't go looking for those people) or Army acquaintances. I use the word acquaintance on purpose because outside of Facebook I'm really not friends with most of these people. I don't want to be a dick and reject thier friend-request on the site but neither do I want to read about their crops in Farmville.
    Hint: If you delete them as friends, they do not receive notification... Accept away, and later do what you must...

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I've got the same issue, Don.

In addition to getting sometimes 50+ updates overnight about Farmville or some other game, I get constant invites to join in.

I would NEVER have gotten a FB account if it wasn't for my Mom and sister pulling me in.

As was suggested, I did slowly start to delete the "friends" that were just overly obnoxious. Had one in particular figure it out and send me no fewer than 15 invites to be a friend again.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

On the FB home page, I just started hiding each one of those apps, one by one.

On the alerts & invites page, you can permanently block each app one by one also. This has cleaned up a lot of junk for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    On the FB home page, I just started hiding each one of those apps, one by one.

On the alerts & invites page, you can permanently block each app one by one also. This has cleaned up a lot of junk for me.
    Ditto

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    The funny thing is that Don has many Bogley "friends" and some of us could be deleted.

Don and Beech are the only two from this site that I've allowed on my FB.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

It's easy to hide the updates, at least.

For those who don't know: If you get a Farmville update, click on the "Hide" link on the right side. It will not show you anyone's Farmville updates anymore. Same with Mafia Wars, etc. etc.

The only problem is, people keep coming up with more games... Squash 'em the same way!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    It's easy to hide the updates, at least.

For those who don't know: If you get a Farmville update, click on the "Hide" link on the right side. It will not show you anyone's Farmville updates anymore. Same with Mafia Wars, etc. etc.

The only problem is, people keep coming up with more games... Squash 'em the same way!
    Yeah, and if the same person just keeps playing different games, you can hide the person altogether, but still keep them as a contact.

Any time you want to see what they're up to, just go to their profile.

I block all of the application updates (one at a time), and I block "all invitations from this friend" whenever I'm invited to use some dumb application.

I used to delete "friends" that I don't really like, or post too many dumb things but then they add me back and ask how we got disconnected as friends. It can be very awkward.

I just reached level 34 in Fishville. I sent you a friend request to be my neighbor, as well as a free gift.

Also, a request for Mafia Wars... Farlke... Yacht... Farmville... Yoville... and all the applications I could join in the last 10 minutes...

:)
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    ...I sent you a friend request to be my neighbor, as well as a free gift.

Also, a request for Mafia Wars... Farlke... Yacht... Farmville... Yoville... and all the applications I could join in the last 10 minutes...