Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nude bathers cited at Utah County hot springs

a persons' upbringing has lots to do with what you'll accept or find 'prudish'. I was'nt brought up any different that y'all but my dad spent his summers growing up on the shore of the Baltic Sea living 'bohemian style' with a bunch of nudists. He never thought any different of them for seeing their 'altogethers' flapping in the breeze. I'm not saying I DID let it all hang out as a kid but I guess I don't find it offensive in the slightest.......BUT.....I will say that seeing a bunch of people letting their battlescars all hang out isn't all that appealing - I'm just not going to choose to take offense

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sltrib
    The eight complained that a Forest Service sign near the site just east of Spanish Fork made it sound like bathing in the buff was allowed, but the citations were issued anyway, because state and county statutes are clear about public nudity being a no-no.

Lorraine Januzelli, spokeswoman for the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, said both the deputies and the skinny dippers were right -- and the forest plans to remove the sign and, eventually, replace it with another one making clear the naked truth.

"The sign does say 'while nudity is not prohibited on forest trails,'" Januzelli said. "It also advises discretion, though, noting that the area is used by families and scouting troops."

The Code of Federal Regulations governing the forest does not prohibit nudity except where it can easily be observed by another person who may be offended.

In some states, that is that. But in other states classified as "proprietary" under their constitutions, such as Utah, state and county laws regarding nudity trump the federal code, Junuzelli explained.

"The sign will be coming down in the next couple days, as soon as the snow allows the rangers to remove it," she said Thursday. Sometime later, a new sign -- referencing state and county statutes banning public nudity -- will replace the marker.

Nudity has been banned for some time on the Wasatch-Cache portion of the forest, but it had not specifically been prohibited on the Uinta part. The two forests were merged in 2008, and apparently no one noticed the discrepancy until the eight citations were issued Oct. 11.
    No court dates were immediately scheduled, but Pioli and her seven co-defendants could face maximum penalties of up to six months in jail and $1,000 fines.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I must comply...
    That's the one!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Our puritan heritage has made Americans a bunch of prudes who can't tell the difference between nudity and sexuality.
    My little boy is constantly naked and not the least bit sexual. I wonder what happens that people develop such a complex about nudity.

Blog Entries
    Okay, since everyone is in support of nudity and sexuality, why can't I come to your house and show you my nakedness? And you'll say "hell no!, I don't want to see you naked". But how come? I'm expressing my right to "nudity" and "sexuality" and YOU should just accept it, just like at the hot springs.

ugh........my point is decency.

I was only commenting on how a naked small child is perfectly innocent and the change that occurs as children develop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I was only commenting on how a naked small child is perfectly innocent and the change that occurs as children develop.
    My fault on the misguided reply, sorry. But the point of decency is still in question.

Good question, though. Freud attempts to answer it...

difference is - hotsprings are public. it's dark. and you don't really have to look at people if you don't want to. duh.

big freakin' deal. what's the point of soaking in nature if you can't be natural?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    difference is - hotsprings are public. it's dark. and you don't really have to look at people if you don't want to. duh.

big freakin' deal. what's the point of soaking in nature if you can't be natural?
    okay...

That's all fine and dandy. You can do whatever you want, as long as there is some warning. What's hard about that? That's all I'm saying.

But maybe I've been wrong all this time......the darkness, IS the warning. It is true though, the times I've been to hot springs in the day time there is no one naked whatsoever. Go figure. Perhaps the light interferes with the person's "nudity" or "sexuality"? haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    Okay, since everyone is in support of nudity and sexuality, why can't I come to your house and show you my nakedness? And you'll say "hell no!, I don't want to see you naked".
    Come on over! I would love to see you naked.

James

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Okay, since everyone is in support of nudity and sexuality, why can't I come to your house and show you my nakedness? And you'll say "hell no!, I don't want to see you naked".
    Come on over! I would love to see you naked.

James
    haha. Your second "modeling" pic, makes me laugh. I showed my coworker this thread and she saw the pictures and was "OMG that is disturbing, but it looks like he's having a good time." haha, she makes me laugh. Was that Gandy Warm Springs?

BTW, what's everyone's favorite hot springs?

Mine are:
    1) Meadow (crystal clear, hardly any sulphur smell, rarely busy)
    2) Diamond Fork (lots of places, cold stream to "control" hot water temp but busy)
    3) Ogden (easy access, suprisingly not tooooo busy, but dirty)
    4) Pah Tempe (St. George), but its closed for now, unfortunately.
    5) Saratoga (easy access, very warm, not busy, but a bit shallow though)

I showed my coworker this thread and she saw the pictures and was "OMG that is disturbing, but it looks like he's having a good time."
    Tell her that she an uppity bitch and that yes I was quite enjoying myself.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3081

James

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    I showed my coworker this thread and she saw the pictures and was "OMG that is disturbing, but it looks like he's having a good time."
    Tell her that she an uppity bitch and that yes I was quite enjoying myself.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3081

James
    haha will do.

My favorite part of that entire TR was this line, "I just smiled, looked at the girl

That's all fine and dandy. You can do whatever you want, as long as there is some warning. What's hard about that? That's all I'm saying.

But maybe I've been wrong all this time......the darkness, IS the warning. It is true though, the times I've been to hot springs in the day time there is no one naked whatsoever. Go figure. Perhaps the light interferes with the person's "nudity" or "sexuality"? haha.
    hot springs implies nudity. folks like to soak unclothed - pretty common knowledge, isn't it?

hot springs in a remote location...why does there need to be a warning?

NSD is cultural conditioning, and for no good reason - unless you enjoy added stress in life! If you can acknowledge that conditioning when its affects arise, then perhaps tolerance can follow?

I think the locals here had this problem solved a long time ago. Why can't the Utahns figure it out?

Anyway over here, nudity at the local hotsprings in banned before sunset. After sunset nudity (not sexulaity) is allowed. What's wrong with that?

I enjoy the occasional naked soak at Diamond Fork.