Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Wayne County Search and Rescue

[quote=TNTRebel]OK, small world, when I was getting prepared for surgery, the nurse and I started to talk about what happened, and I said I wish I had summoned some of the bogley folks that knew the canyon to help my son get out. I mentioned Tom Jones and
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh, forgot to mention. I "lent" my 9.2mm Double Sheath Canyon Pro rope to the SAR folks to get them down the last rap, so they could rig up the last two raps while there was still daylight (one with their rope, and one with mine), and I guess mine got hung up on the last

Don't know how I double posted, sorry, just deleted the second copy

OH, one thing I keep forgetting to mention, but maybe the most important information about doing Larry Canyon (or Alcatraz for that matter). I was looking for a place to camp on the
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not that it will help those without a route description, but I just added the following warning to Climb-Utah.com in regards to the road in question.

"If driving this road in the dark be careful not to drive off the cliff into Alcatraz Canyon, it can be a little confusing to some in the dead of night."

Thanks for the heads up.... I've never driven this road at night, but I can see where it could be a problem. In the day light it's no big deal.

Back in the saddle :-)

We'll I'm back in the saddle after my epic in Larry Canyon last year and ACL surgery... just finished my first technical canyon since the ordeal. We took a small group of young men through Birch Hollow, down Orderville Canyon and out the narrows (12 or so miles I understand) and my knee held up with my new Breg Fusion XT brace. Walking on the greased bowling balls in the narrows seemed to be the hardest part on my knee, but with my collapsible hiking poles, I made it :-) We are thinking about Clear Creek Canyon in Lake Powell next. Anxious to get back to Larry Canyon to finish it correctly . Good the surgeon decided to double up the ACL with a spare when he did the surgery.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTRebel View Post
    We'll I'm back in the saddle after my epic in Larry Canyon last year and ACL surgery... just finished my first technical canyon since the ordeal. We took a small group of young men through Birch Hollow, down Orderville Canyon and out the narrows (12 or so miles I understand) and my knee held up with my new Breg Fusion XT brace. Walking on the greased bowling balls in the narrows seemed to be the hardest part on my knee, but with my collapsible hiking poles, I made it :-) We are thinking about Clear Creek Canyon in Lake Powell next. Anxious to get back to Larry Canyon to finish it correctly . Good the surgeon decided to double up the ACL with a spare when he did the surgery.
    Excellent news, and congratulations on your recovery and on a-riding the horse again.

Tom

As a bogley noob, I just read this entire story from top to bottom, Amazing story and alot of great info here. Glad your back out doing the things you enjoy!!
    I need a Canyoneering partner! I have a open schedule, all my own gear and am looking to go as much as possible..PM me!

Oh wow I remember this story. Glad to hear you are back in action TNT!!!

Side note: I got flamed by several Wayne county search and rescue for my 1st comment there. I had a lot of fun trolling them.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Congrats on your recovery! Great story and conversation for sure.