Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009-10 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    The wind helped BYU more.... IMHO... slow secondary and slow recievers.... bad weather and poor conditions ALWAYS helps the team with less speed....

that is the most ludicrous statement i've heard in this thread yet. nice!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

big props to utah tonight. shame the score makes it look way closer than it really was. take away that pick 6, and it was a complete defensive domination.

tell you what, that jordan wynn kid is a player. if they get some skill players around him on offense, utah is going to be a force the next few years.

MWC 3-0 so far.

How would you like to be watching this over the next 4 weeks instead of a bunch of suck-ass-bowls....

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    My how mighty a fall Mike Leach has had in a year's time.

Also Air Force won. I thought this would be the MWC toughest game to win. One step closer to a clean sweap.

I'm curious to see where Leach ends up.... he has been in a battle with the Tech admin for a least a year now so this was not unexpected. For some reason Leach has been pushing this whole thing to the extreme... he has had several opportunities to end it in a reasonable fashion and chose not to....

The MWC can win all their games but if TCU loses to Boise it will all be hollow because that is the only match up most will watch or remember.

What I'm most shocked about is not how Leach allegedly treated the player (yes I did find it shocking) but that the medical staff allegedly cooperated with Leach

Lots still to unravel about the Leach story. I wouldn't believe everything from one side of the story. First I heard that he was in a closet for 3 hours. Then I heard it was an equipment room for 1-2 hours. Who knows until the facts are out. Leach is a hell of a coach and I believe Texas Tech will be the biggest loser when this thing is finished.

At least in the win/loss column Tech will be the loser.... Hard to get a top flight coach in Lubbock.... have you ever been to Lubbuck?!?!?

At least in the win/loss column Tech will be the loser.... Hard to get a top flight coach in Lubbock.... have you ever been to Lubbuck?!?!?
    Nope.

have you ever been to Lubbuck?!?!?
    there is a saying:

Happiness is Lubbock in my rear-view mirror.

Well, Nuts! TCU couldn't pull it off. Tough fought game though. BSU had a better defense than I thought. Or maybe Dalton was just a but to psyched tonight. Just Nuts.....
    Life is Good

The Fiesta Bowl was about what I expected after last years Poinsettia Bowl.... a great game.

I was really torn as to who I wanted to win.... a TCU victory would be better for the MWC, but I have a bunch of friends that live in Boise and I know how important the game was to them.... I am happy that both teams played tough.

I wanted TCU because of the MWC loyalty. MWC > WAC IMHO. It was a great defence game. That fake punt was devistating. TCU defence was able to hold them most of the game but after that punt they couldn't stop them. Boise defence surprised me too. They constantly changed their defence formation and TCU never could adjust for it. This was a great game of coaching by Boise. The coach got his team fired up the entire game I saw fired up players from Boise but didn't see the same from TCU. Great coaching stategy by Boise too.

I was really torn as to who I wanted to win.... a TCU victory would be better for the MWC
    Ditto. I like both teams. I said before the game that I would never bet against Boise. This still holds true.

And what was up with those ugly orange prison issue garbage sack outfits the Bosie State rally girls (dog squad?) was wearing? Those had to be the ugliest damn things I've ever seen....

And in contrast the TCU Showgirls looked sweet.... I love that southern thing with the short-shorts and boots.

And what was up with those ugly orange prison issue garbage sack outfits the Bosie State rally girls
    Um, ya. My wife and I almost word for word at the same time said, "Ahhhhh, What is that!" I added "make it stop!" And then the camera kept coming back to those horrible outfits. Not good, not good at all.
    Life is Good

Watched the game last night. Too bad about the score.

Halftime show was something else-
    the camera in the face kindof psyched out one of the guys on the horns.

What is up with the bowling balls flailing around looking for pins in that halftime video? (Seconds 15-20)

It's the chicks sitting behind the cowbell's who had the ugly garbage bag outfits....

That halftime is pretty funny.... I missed most of it including the Boise dance team grazing on the turf.... but I did manage to make it back to the TV for the TCU Showgirls Dance team finally....