Thread: Court Order for School

Court Order for School

I was in the office here at the High School I'm working at. The Police Officer just let us know he's got to go and get a 15 year old out of bed.

Apparently his aunt ratted him out for sleeping in, he's got a court order that he has to come to school.

I guess this happens quite often. So now the cop has to go wake up the kid at his house and bring him in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    And their parents are where and doing what to facilitate this bone-head's attendance?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

The parents are elsewhere, he lives with his Aunt. Sad situation, but at the same time funny that part of the Police Officers' role is to come and get kids out of bed.

This isn't the first time either.

Paging Officer Krupke.

This is more common than you would think. I am a Truancy Court Judge for the Nebo School District. Yesterday, I got after two girls with this very problem. Their sluffs and tardies are almost without exception the first three classes each day. I offered to buy an alarm clock for them. They said they had one. Their parents were both there ducking their heads. The threat of Juvenile Court and detention seemed to have an effect on the girls yesterday. I'll find out if it really worked in a couple of weeks when the report back and I see the attendance records. If it didn't, I will do what I did yesterday and send them to the Juvenile Court Judge for criminal prosecution. As I tell these kids, until they are 18, it is the law that they are in school.

I your case Beech, my hunch is that there very well may be a court order in place or, this cop is a really good guy who is trying to help out. And yes, Brute, parents have everything to do with the success of getting a kid to school or not. Once there, the kid's brain or lack thereof takes over.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    This is more common than you would think.
    Did anyone see this news story? Sorry if it's a repeat....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...091taser1.html
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    The parents are elsewhere, he lives with his Aunt. Sad situation, but at the same time funny that part of the Police Officers' role is to come and get kids out of bed.

This isn't the first time either.
    I know of another cop that had to wake up students...

If anyone has not seen this movie, I feel sorry for you, classic, Iv seen it a few hundred times since I first found it in my childhood on HBO while in grade school. I wore out 3 vhs tapes of it over the years and have been enjoying it on DVD for several years now.

That's one really pathetic story.

Utah has passed a law this year that 16 year olds who drop out can take the GED. Hardly an incentive to stay in school for some kids.

http://www.usoe.k12.ut.us/adulted/ge...procedures.htm
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Utah has passed a law this year that 16 year olds who drop out can take the GED. Hardly an incentive to stay in school for some kids.
    Wow, not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Wow, not good at all.
    Actually, it kinda makes sense. If they're smart enough to pass the GED, when why not let them take it, and, get them out of the school system where they aren't really adding anything. THey can then at least get a job that requires a GED.

Had a friend who's kid dropped out of high school, because he was bored.

He applied for college at a couple of places, Harvard and Stanford. One wouldn't take him 'cause he didn't have that high school diploma. Got his phd from the other and went to work for the one that wouldn't let him in, partly in admissions for his department. Kinda funny.

-Brian in SLC