Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biking goals for 2010

Biking goals for 2010

one of my goals is to ride more trails north of Ogden, like some Logan/Brigham City trails, and even up by Bear Lake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

...to ride more. Mostly around Fruita/Loma
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I am going to compete in XTERRA next September. Goal is to cross the finish line.

Explore more trails in St. George and go to Fruita and Wade's bike park!

Dream would be to go to another DirtSeries Bike Camp. I learned so much.

Learn how to adjust my shifters and other bike maintenance.
    Chere'

My main goal is to ride 1,000 miles and hit some of the epic trails in Park City, and ride with the tuesday crew more this year

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

go get lost, it is good for the soul

To get three December, two January, and three February commutes in this winter, get as good of a jump on the riding season as I did in 2008, and then ride twice as many trails as I did in 2009.

Due to a backorder, I had no roadie bike and was left unable to get any speed work or distance work in until late May of 2009. Then I got roped into doing twice as many home improvement projects as I had planned to give some out of work friends something extra to do for an extra $100 here and there.

Thanks to an afternoon spent drinking beer around the bbq followed by a bit of poor judgement (driving), two of those friends will officially be out of circulation until late next year.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

My goal is to RIDE MORE. I always end up running and running and then doing more running.

To this end, I am planning on a duo team to race the Park City Point 2 Point race and to fly back to MI to do the Iceman race in November (if we get in the lottery). I need race goals to keep me focused and motivated to get on the bike more.

Chere - kudos to you for XTerra - if only I could swim, I would race it with ya!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

So far...

- To keep riding with the Tuesday crew
    - Ride in Fruita

To actually ride.....I only rode once in 2009.

First goal - get final approval on trail systems here to the point we put out an official map.
    Second - finish the bikepark
    Third - ride 50+ miles per week
    Fourth - ride BST in Ogden. I've never ridden it. Really
    Fifth -Ride in Vernal.
    Sixth - Ride Fruita.
    ......a good start eh?

Next year I am going to go ahead and try my hand at the intermountain cup races again. I used to do a lot of them, but got out of it for a couple of years.

Also, this time, I am actually going to train and prepare for the 24 Hours of Moab. I've always just kind of shown up, but this time, I would like to ride faster and feel better at the end.

Oh and of course there is always cyclocross. It's my new favorite kind of bike racing. Sooooooooo much fun. I'm going to try to place well in those next year too. Tomorrow is the last of the cross races for the year and I already am looking forward to it next year.

devo_stevo, we've gotta hook up and do that Grizzly Bear trail in Perry, and you'll have to show me some rides in Logan Canyon.

My cousin in law Rob is always saying he rides that Perry trail.

I'd love to take you up Perry Canyon. That's a great trail. Just let me know when. Probably won't be much good after it snows this weekend. Maybe a good snowshoe trek though.

As for Logan Canyon, I know a few of the rides up there, but I am not an expert in that area. I'd love to go though. Some great stuff up there for sure. There is some really good stuff up Blacksmith Fork Canyon in Cache valley too. Richard's Hollow is one of my all time favorite trails.

My goal is to get a bike and go out.. haven't been on a bike in 9 years
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    devo_stevo, we've gotta hook up and do that Grizzly Bear trail in Perry, and you'll have to show me some rides in Logan Canyon.

My cousin in law Rob is always saying he rides that Perry trail.
    Perry Canyon is a sweet trail. We should definitely get some group rides in up there. There is a bunch of good stuff up Logan Canyon as well. Stupid winter!

Quote Originally Posted by neilether
    Stupid winter!
    Now now. There is no reason to insult an entire season here.

Seriously though, I used to feel the same way. Then I started telemark skiing two years ago (I still suck at it BTW). Now I like the winters as much as the rest of the year.

The only times that I don't like are the times like right now. It's dark when I get off of work, and it's too cold for any riding without bundling up, but there's no snow to ski on in the mountains really either. That sucks.

Oh and hopefully I will be able to hook up with you guys sometime this summer and go for a good ride up Logan Canyon. You seem to know where all of the good stuff is up there.

With all the interest in riding Fruita.....maybe we should start planning a BogleyFest there ;)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ
    With all the interest in riding Fruita.....maybe we should start planning a BogleyFest there ;)
    Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    Now now. There is no reason to insult an entire season here.

Seriously though, I used to feel the same way. Then I started telemark skiing two years ago (I still suck at it BTW). Now I like the winters as much as the rest of the year.

The only times that I don't like are the times like right now. It's dark when I get off of work, and it's too cold for any riding without bundling up, but there's no snow to ski on in the mountains really either. That sucks.

Oh and hopefully I will be able to hook up with you guys sometime this summer and go for a good ride up Logan Canyon. You seem to know where all of the good stuff is up there.
    ACtually, you have an excellent point. I'm just annoyed with the transition to winter. I love skiing and things will be better once the resorts open up on non man-made snow.

FYI, I've got a 35 mile ride mapped out (never ridden it) up Logan Canyon that is probably 70% singletrack and something like 6000 total vertical gain........

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ
    My core group of riders is already planning a Spring Fruita adventure. Probably late March/Early April........anybody else interested in those dates??