Thread: What was your Favorite Bowl Game Ever?

What was your Favorite Bowl Game Ever?

With us soon heading into Bowl season I thought I'd check and see what everyone's favorite bowl games have been. For me it is totally the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. Boise State kicked the crap out of Oklahoma until an unfortunate punt bounce and Oklahoma came back to go into over time. Boise State ran some awesome plays to win by going for the extra point in the first OT. It was one of the greatest moments in sports.

"My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

2005? Rose Bowl, USC vs. Texas. Vince Young goes to town.

In no particular order.... these are three I remember had me on the edge of my seat.

Texas vs USC - 2006 Rose Bowl (crowned 2005 National Champ).

Ohio State vs Miami - 2003 Fiesta Bowl - Double overtime (crowned 2002 National Champ).

Boise State vs Oklahoma - 2007 Fiesta Bowl - huge underdog delivers a stylish smack down.

That Boise game is hard to beat, but I remember a few of the others listed too.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    beyond my time but I'd have to admit that the "Miracle Bowl" BYU vs. SMU in the Holiday Bowl is perhaps the greatest come back ever. BYU scored 21 points in the last 2 minutes and 33 seconds of the game

What I like about the Boise State game was that the BCS actually gave them a quality opponent and they handed it to the BCS. They put Utah up against a weak team the first time around.

Which reminds me of the Sugar Bowl last year. I love Sabin's post game press conference and Schweitzer

1984 National Championship Holiday Bowl. Reason, I was there!!! I loved last years Utah/ Bama game and the BYU/SMU miracle bowl.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    beyond my time but I'd have to admit that the "Miracle Bowl" BYU vs. SMU in the Holiday Bowl is perhaps the greatest come back ever. BYU scored 21 points in the last 2 minutes and 33 seconds of the game
    I was at that game.... honestly might have been the most boring 58 minutes of football I have ever watched in person. SMU and its pony express backfield just hammered the Y all game..... but I agree.. the final 2 minutes were pretty dang exciting.

BYU's 1984 win over a 6-5 Michigan was also a snooze feast.... It was like watching Utah in the 2005 Fiesta Bowl... one team was playing for everything and one team didn't want to be there....

Utah's 2005 Fiesta Bowl win.... ZZZZzzzzz..... great win for the program but not much real excitement.

Utah's 2009 Sugar Bowl was a little better because I kept waiting for Bama to come rolling back on the them, but it didn't happen. So as far as bowl games it was not reallly exciting....

I was trying to think of the best Utah or BYU bowl in terms of actual football excitement....

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    That Boise game is hard to beat, but I remember a few of the others listed too.
    I'm still pissed about that one. I watched the start of it and was feeling super sick. Didn't look like it was going to be too close or exciting so I went to bed. OOPS!

If the Ducks win Thursday it will be 2010 Rose Bowl. Why because I will be there.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

The Ducks have the best uniforms in all of college football.

Well at least the most uniforms in the league.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill