Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bogley.com - 5 Year Birthday

Bogley.com - 5 Year Birthday

Tomorrow is the 5 year anniversary of this place. What memories do you have or have you made using Bogley? I have had a blast planning trips, meeting new people and exploring new places. This site started out with myself emailing Sombeech and rockgremlin and telling them to sign-up for this outdoor website that I had made.

From the beginning it was about staying in touch with friends and planning adventures in the outdoors. Well, things really haven't changed much in 5 years. Here is the 8th post ever started on bogley talking about Kings peak (notice the dates) with the good ole boys...memories.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8

Happy Birthday Bogley!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Happy Birthday Bogley!

I have only been around the last 15 months, but in those past 15 months I have been inspired to spend more time outside then I ever have before.

Seeing all of the TR makes me want to plan my own trips instead of sitting on the side lines watching everyone else have fun. Having a place to share my adventures makes it even more enjoyable.

I have met some of the coolest down to earth people from this site. I have skied, snowshoed, hiked, biked, camped and ate sushi with them.

I have been introduced to canyoneering and can't wait for my next adventure through a canyon.

I have had one of the best years of my life! and I owe a good part of that to Bogley.

So thanks to those of you who share your knowledge of nearby bike trails, favorite camping spots and in general your opinions on life!
    Chere'

I discovered Bogley while trying to find out more about the Swell. Aside from my family website Bogley is the only forum to ever keep me. So many great people with so many cool things to share. I have really appreciated the "Private Messages". Sometimes you are planning a trip and someone will PM you their secret spot they don't want to share, or other times PM you a kind word, share something personal, or really just build friendships. There are probably 15 or 20 people on this site that I think to myself "I love that guy (or person)" about 90% of the time after I read something they posted.

And although I don't see too much of her lately on Bogley (and she has moved), I thought I'd point out that I felt like Tanya was the first person to be nice to me and make me feel welcome.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

UUTAH is how I remember it and my thought provoking conversations with the Rev

Beech sucked me in

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    UUTAH is how I remember it and my thought provoking conversations with the Rev

I miss Rev. That guy is\was awesome!

A while back the forum I used to frequent very often got blocked at work. To fill this lengthy gap in my 9-5 schedule I started looking for a forum that would be interesting and fun and not blacklisted by our IT department. I found one that was not blacklisted - Bogley!

"Always look at the bright side of life"

Somebody PMed me from Yahoo Canyons group and told me about UUtah.com. I guess that was about 2005 or so. Man, I feel old.

I don't like Bogley. In fact, I hate them, I hate everything about them. I hate their forum. I hate their members, I hate everything.... They poured beer on my wife.... I hate them...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I don't like Bogley. In fact, I hate them, I hate everything about them. I hate their forum. I hate their members, I hate everything.... They poured beer on my wife.... I hate them...
    Show some class

I think the first time I went to the website was because Sombeach posted on utahmountainbiking.com and I clicked on his link to uutah. Don't remember when that was, a good while ago. While I don't post a ton, I do go to the website almost daily, one of the few I 'haunt'. I've enjoyed keeping up with you young'uns on the mtn. bike rides. Good job guys!
    Are we there yet?

Bogley - the unholy lovechild of Acca and Beech. Happy 5th.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    I think the first time I went to the website was because Sombeach posted on utahmountainbiking.com and I clicked on his link to uutah. Don't remember when that was, a good while ago. While I don't post a ton, I do go to the website almost daily, one of the few I 'haunt'. I've enjoyed keeping up with you young'uns on the mtn. bike rides. Good job guys!
    It was around 12/2/2005

I found a link to uutah from climb-utah. searching for hikes in the swell.
    The man thong is wrong.

Bogley -- it's a bad habit...
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

I do admit, as an Internet Noob not knowing about "web ethics".... I spammed a lot of other forums back in the day. I do not practice those same cheap techniques today.

.... or at least under my primary identity.

Blog Entries
    I first was searching for more information about Fifth Water Hot Springs which I heard from friends back on '02 or '03 and consequently, that led me to Shane's website Climb-Utah (and has single-handedly been the most influential website in my life) and got me started Canyoneering in '03 and then did some research on my own about it, which led to Kelsey's books. Then, I wanted to know if there was a Utah forum online so I could ask questions and look for more info, and then was referred to uutah.com.

wow, that's a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    It was around 12/2/2005
    Doh!!!
    Are we there yet?

I found this place one day when I was searching for "hot young stripper wife."

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I found this place one day when I was searching for "hot young stripper wife."
    Hmmmmm.........I came across it when I Googled "Hottest men in Utah"
    Never regret anything that made you smile!