Thread: TR - Phil's World - a gem outside of Cortez, Colorado

TR - Phil's World - a gem outside of Cortez, Colorado

On days 1, 2, and 4 of our Thanksgiving mountainbiking gorge-fest we rode several of the trails in the Phil's World trail system just east of Cortez, Colorado. There are over 20 miles of singletrack loop trails in the system and they are FUN, FUN, FUN. Any amount of time riding on these trails will paste a smile on your face that you can't remove for days. In fact, these trails were so fun we kept going back day after day after day.

There is a little bit of everything in this system including lots of fun, swooping downhill sections, some semi-technical climbing sections, some rim and ledge riding, lots of places to practice your jumping skills, and a long section of whoop-dee-doos known as the Rib Cage.

Whatever loop you do here (whether a 7-8 mile short loop or a longer 12-15 mile loop) make sure you ride the Rib Cage. You will want to go back for more.

This trail system is well worth your time and I highly recommend it. If you need any biking supplies, Kokopelli Bike Shop is fantastic with excellent customer service. They even let me take a brand new, full-suspension Specialized demo for a few days after I broke the rear derailer on my bike and they were waiting for a part to fix it.

More details here: http://www.singletracks.com/bike-tra...ils-world.html
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That looks like a great trail! Your boy? might need a full suspension bike after hitting those sweet jumps. I just hung my bike from the ceiling in my garage yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Your boy? might need a full suspension bike after hitting those sweet jumps.
    I'm sure he would agree with you. He landed the jump but was walking funny for a while afterwards.

Bumping this because I'm curious is anyone else has ridden this fantastic trail system.