Thread: Twilight Moms - Double Standard?

Blog Entries

Twilight Moms - Double Standard?

What do you guys think of Twilight moms freaking out over the young actors (17yrs-old) in the movies?

If it was 40+ yr-old men doing this to young ladies, they would be ostricized and labeled as pedophiles for life.

And must I mention all the news of teachers and student sex scandals? Mostly have been of women, I've noticed. Kinda interesting to say the least, yes?

What are your guys/ladies opinions on the matter, do u think there is a double-standard?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I hadn't thought about that but I do think you make a very interesting point.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Cougars are ok.. dirty old men are not.. it is just a fact that we have to live with. That said when my wife is 50 I plan on trading her in for 2 25 year olds
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Twilight moms should occupy themselves with 30-something boys
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

cougars, perverts. studs, sluts. does anyone really care? yawn.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

WTF is Twilight

Blog Entries
    nice way to bring back old topics. spam.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee View Post
    Cougars are ok.. dirty old men are not.. it is just a fact that we have to live with. That said when my wife is 50 I plan on trading her in for 2 25 year olds
    My wife just turned 40.... and sex now is like having a threesome with two twenty-year-olds.

Older women know things.... GOOD THINGS....

Searched and couldn't find this video on another thread, its funny and the band is from St George it was filmed here too!

IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    And must I mention all the news of teachers and student sex scandals? Mostly have been of women, I've noticed. Kinda interesting to say the least, yes?
    well, not really. it's more sensational and the news, especially these days, goes after the sensational. i certainly wouldn't use it to gauge whether there are more women than men committing these acts.

what is interesting is that, generally speaking, there are more female teachers than male teachers, perhaps 75% female on average, and yet during 2001-2005 an AP study found that, in 89% of cases brought forth in the US during this time, the educator involved was male.

i am sure there are many cases we don't know about that never surface. it seems there would need to be a lot of unreported cases involving females to skew the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    What do you guys think of Twilight moms freaking out over the young actors (17yrs-old) in the movies?

If it was 40+ yr-old men doing this to young ladies, they would be ostricized and labeled as pedophiles for life.

What are your guys/ladies opinions on the matter, do u think there is a double-standard?

There was a southpark episode about this. I think they summed it up pretty good.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

boys are not going to have issues with it it makes them (MEN)
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
    boys are not going to have issues with it it makes them (MEN)
    That is incorrect. I think you meant to say, "it makes them pay child support".
    Life is Good

ok they think it makes them a man, and yes child support goes along with being a man if you have a child.
    "I'm a firm believer that if you play for more than you can afford to lose, you will learn the game." Winston Churchill

Cougars on the prowl? Not so much

By Ed Payne
    CNN
    August 20, 2010

(CNN) -- Pop culture almost portrays it as if there's one around every corner these days: a cougar -- an older woman looking to latch onto a younger man.

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher -- 15 years her junior --are the Hollywood poster couple of the modern phenomenon of a successful, established woman choosing a "boy toy" for herself.

The ABC sitcom "Cougar Town" tells the story of a divorcee real estate agent who returns to the dating world while raising a teenage son. Along the way, she keeps the company of a number of younger men.

The "cougar theory" is based on the notion that with a greater prevalence of female financial independence, women are now free to target men of any age group, rather than trying to secure financial security from older, wealthier males.

So everyone's doing it, right? Or, at least it's a growing trend.

Not so fast, says Michael Dunn, a psychology professor at the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, who led a study that analyzed the age preferences of 22,000 men and women using online dating sites across more than a dozen cultures, including Christians and Muslims.

"Although there was some cultural variation in extremes, the results showed clearly that women across all age groups (20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50) and cultures, targeted males either their own age or older,"according to Dunn, who said a much different pattern was evident in men.

"Younger men (20-25) either targeted females their own age or marginally younger," Dunn said. "However, as males aged, they clearly expressed a preference for women increasingly younger than their own age ..."

The results support theories long backed by social anthropologists.

"These findings are clearly supportive of evolutionary theory. A wide variety of evidence has shown that women, when considering a potential long-term partner, focus more than males on cues indicative of wealth and status, and these logically accumulate with age," Dunn said.

"Males conversely focus more intently on physical attractiveness cues and these are clearly correlated with the years of maximum fertility."

So, while cougars remain the stuff of Hollywood and pop culture lore, these felines still have a way to go before their hunt for young cubs rules the jungles of the dating world.