Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Family Fest - Zion - May 2010

This should be a fun trip.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    It's official! Got my campsite. #28. May 20-23. We are going to be the Bogley commune!!!!

Sweeeet.

Josh is likely going to be sharing my camp and bringing his girls!

We are going to be a bogley-commune. We really should get a Bogley flag!

I am throwing this on my calendar. I have a couple boys that would really enjoy hangin' with other kids on a hike, etc. They are 4 & 7. I'll find somewhere to camp and maybe have my wife stay in St. George with our 2 year old girl while the boys drive up to Zion to do some hikes with the crew.

I was looking at the Loop D camping sites this morning. Might I suggest that if others are going to make camping reservations that they consider booking sites 8, 4 and 2 in that order. This would give us the entire field in the middle of the loop as we will have camp sites on both sides and not disturb other campers. It is also a great way to let the kids run a bit, but keep them contained.

...just a thought.

I agree Felicia! I have a friend that may join in with her 10 year old son. Sent her the link to the camp spots and told her to shoot for those particular D sites. Looking forward to it!!!! I booked the spot so this means I am doing it.

Wondering if there would there be any interest in doing a Bogley Singles Fest?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahAdventureGuide
    I'm single, but I wouldn't be too interested in a "singles" event.
    I'm far too fond of a bunch of my married friends, too fond of young people (too young to date), and old people (too old to date) to wanna hang out with a bunch of single folks my own age.

This is me assuming you meant "single" as in single for the purpose of possibly meeting a suitable adventerous dating partner. This is what I envision for "any" singles oriented event.

It just sounds like it might be less fun than having a mixed crowd.
    I've kinda shyed away from chick-fests as well for the same reason, but I sorta changed my mind on that count when I inadvertantly ended up hanging out with a bunch of chicks in Zion at an ACA event a few summers ago! Man, was that a good time!

I would say that you should come to the family fest anyway, & have a good time, even if you don't have a partner/kids!!!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    I'm single, but I wouldn't be too interested in a "singles" event.
    I'm far too fond of a bunch of my married friends, too fond of young people (too young to date), and old people (too old to date) to wanna hang out with a bunch of single folks my own age.

This is me assuming you meant "single" as in single for the purpose of possibly meeting a suitable adventerous dating partner. This is what I envision for "any" singles oriented event.

It just sounds like it might be less fun than having a mixed crowd.
    I've kinda shyed away from chick-fests as well for the same reason, but I sorta changed my mind on that count when I inadvertantly ended up hanging out with a bunch of chicks in Zion at an ACA event a few summers ago! Man, was that a good time!

I would say that you should come to the family fest anyway, & have a good time, even if you don't have a partner/kids!!!
    Agreed. It would be great to meet & date a girl who wants to be outside (and naked) as much as I do, but a singles oriented event is all pressure and eliminates some of my favorite bogleites.

[quote="Don"][quote="Randi"]

Agreed. It would be great to meet & date a girl who wants to be outside (and naked) as much as I do, but a singles oriented event is all pressure and eliminates some of my favorite bogleites.
    Hahaha! Good luck on that girl wanting to be "naked" as much as you do!!!
    You might wanna start looking at the local nudist colony!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

I'm sure a few marrieds would sneak in there too.

I'm planning on attending and trying to get a Subway permit just incase there's a raging torrent of water like there was in 05 :)

Any other canyons on the todo list, maybe Behunin? Did Behunin a few years ago with a little snow and runoff, it was good fun.

[quote="Randi"][quote="Don"]

Hahaha! Good luck on that girl wanting to be "naked" as much as you do!!!
    You might wanna start looking at the local nudist colony!
    And I have the MOST recent proof of Don's need to be outdoors-n-naked on my computer in the form of a photo from Bogley Winterfest.......you guys missed a good time on that crazy Friday hike to the hotsprings!!!! Only thing that could have made that even better would have been a hearty beer!

Excited that a good friend of mine and her boyfriend booked a camp spot for Zion Bogleyfest. Hope she signs up and introduces herself.

Excited that a good friend of mine and her boyfriend booked a camp spot for Zion Bogleyfest. Hope she signs up and introduces herself.
    When I said bring friends I thought I was clear about no boyfriends?

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    When I said bring friends I thought I was clear about no boyfriends?
    HAHA! Well Don, I should re-phrase that. My friend and her boyfriend, of almost 11 years will be camping near me. I thought I told you about all the single girls I'll be bringing down. I lock them in my trunk. Better ask me for a key so we can set them free for the weekend.

Wish I could go, I already had a "mancation" planned for Escalante that same time. We're probably going to hit Death Hollow......I'll be looking for some pictures though, on Fourth of July weekend I have a trip planned to Zion to go through the narrows one day and the subway the next day.....keep an eye out I will be posting this trip....

Enjoy!!!

Ok so if you can add my friends Angela/Eric, campsite 8 and then my friend Deb and her son (8years old), camp site 15. This is going to be so fun!

Ok so if you can add my friends Angela/Eric, campsite 8 and then my friend Deb and her son (8years old), camp site 15. This is going to be so fun!
    Hello - I am Abirken's latest recruit for your fam fest in May. Excited! Don't know much more than what she has told me. Looking forward to having fun and getting to know more peeps.

YEA DEB!!!! So glad you joined.
    Just because she's my friend, don't give her too much grief.

Hey Deb,

Welcome to Bogley!

So... This spring looks like it might not be the best canyoneering time, but I'm sure we'll have a great time doing hikes, walks, whatever.

Canyons-wise, well, the discussion elsewhere about the amount of snowpack this year kind of goes into it. It will probably be a pretty late runoff down the narrows, meaning that trips through Orderville, Englestead and Mystery Canyons will likely be closed until after the end of May. We'll have to watch the Virgin River flow as the dates approach, and see what happens.

Be that as it may, I did get a reservation for 6 people on Sunday the 23rd for Mystery Canyon, in the lottery earlier this month. I don't know whether it will be of any use (highly unlikely) but it's there if we are able to take advantage of it.

One very big downer right now is the roadworks planned for the spring on the highway east of the Junction. Information on the roadwork (http://www.nps.gov/zion/parkmgmt/road-construction.htm):

[quote]Major roadwork will occur on the Zion-Mount Carmel Highway in 2010.

Zion National Park is anticipating that major roadwork will occur on the Zion-Mount Carmel Highway beginning as early as May of 2010. The roadwork will occur on a section of roadway known as The Switchbacks, from the junction of the Zion-Mt Carmel Highway and the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive to the west portal of the Zion-Mt Carmel Tunnel.

The Zion-Mt Carmel Highway was constructed in the late 1920