Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Family Fest - Zion - May 2010

I just booked site 31. Looks like we'll have that whole neighborhood! I'm reserved Thursday through Sunday; I plan to be back to work Monday. It'll be me and my son so I doubt we'll be doing any serious canyoneering but we will be hiking and a narrows day trip sounds fun.
    I'm going to try to get Josh or Cody or one of my brothers to bring family down and split my campsite with me...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I just booked site 31. Looks like we'll have that whole neighborhood! I'm reserved Thursday through Sunday; I plan to be back to work Monday. It'll be me and my son so I doubt we'll be doing any serious canyoneering but we will be hiking and a narrows day trip sounds fun.
    I'm going to try to get Josh or Cody or one of my brothers to bring family down and split my campsite with me...
    Way cool that you're IN too Don!
    It's gonna be so neat that we'll get to meet each other's kids!
    You've already met sarah, now you'll get to meet her lil' sister Rachael, and we get to meet "E", and Kev's kids!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Hey great - this is coming along! Getting very excited, even though it's still over 3 months away!

Excellent!

YES! Will do everything in my power to make this happen. This is towards the end of school for my children so I need to just play around with these dates. Having both a high-schooler and kindergartner, not sure of what the end of the year parties are, etc......

hmmmm sounds like fun but I would have to rent a family lol

OK... I just stickied this thread and put all the info I could pull into the first post.

It's now up to Cirrus2000 to keep the information in the first post current as he is one of the few that can edit the info. I think you will discover this is a good method so ya'll don't need to read 300 posts and worry about missing something.... enjoy...

We're going to do a pot-luck dinner one of the nights, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    OK... I just stickied this thread and put all the info I could pull into the first post.

It's now up to Cirrus2000 to keep the information in the first post current as he is one of the few that can edit the info. I think you will discover this is a good method so ya'll don't need to read 300 posts and worry about missing something.... enjoy...

Uh-oh - pressure's on...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Uh-oh - pressure's on...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    If the kids and I come down can I celebrate my b-day with ya all too? It is the 19th.

I will call tomorrow and see what is left as far as reservations go.

Edit: So went back and read first post.... we now have D006 not exactly next to you guys but close enough. There were no more availble in that area.
    Chere'

Sweet. This is going to be a fun trip! I told E about it today and he's pretty excited too. I love that place and it'll be his first time there so I'm looking forward to sharing that with him! Happy to see everyone jumping on today; good friends around make it even better.

We're in spot D29 (next to Don) starting 5/20 for 3 nights too!

All three of us will be there. Aaron (13) is definitely jazzed about doing some more technical canyons. My wife Robin a little less so The fact there is a mix of folks with varying itineraries going on was definitely a selling point for her.

We will probably get there late on Thursday depending on how early I can pull Aaron from school on Thursday. Hey this is outdoor education, right? We're somewhat constrained in camping/cooking gear we can take as we'll be flying in to Vegas but I'm sure it will all work out.

Can't wait!

Paul
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    If the kids and I come down can I celebrate my b-day with ya all too? It is the 19th.
    Heck ya! The more birthdays, the better.

I would like to spend that weekend in Zion but I too would need to rent a family. Any idea what canyons are going to be open that early?

Looked at the camping situation and there are still some spots open but can't get them booked until Wednesday this week. Looks like it's going to happen! Will work my hardest on making it to this. I just have a few other obligations this Spring that require driving, time off and $$$....so it's going to be tight. But worth it! Told the kids and they are excited.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Told the kids and they are excited.
    Once you tell the kids, you are locked in - looking forward to see you!

-Felicia

A little procrastination paid off, I got in the just-announced Southwest $39 fares going to LV on Thursday. Nothing that cheap coming back on Sunday though.

Anyway, I'm definitely committed now! One slight modification, Robin is lobbying for one night in a hotel on that first night we arrive Thursday. But we will be in the campground Fri/Sat.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Excellent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ststephen
    One slight modification, Robin is lobbying for one night in a hotel on that first night we arrive Thursday.
    Well, if the weather goes sour that night, we all know where to go!

It's official! Got my campsite. #28. May 20-23. We are going to be the Bogley commune!!!!