View Poll Results: Who will get a years bragging rights?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • BYU

9 56.25%
  • UTAH

7 43.75%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Utah @ BYU Predictions

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Is that true?

Too funny.
    No, he may or may not have gotten the key to the city. Everything else, yes, is true.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Looks like the same Ute walking off the field ran into a professional photographer and asked not to take his picture and shoved him. Looks like the photographer asked for charges not to be pressed.

actually bet this happens quite a bit. I remeber at the Olympics there was a French mdeia photographer trying to get pictures of this woman next to me. She asked him to stop and walked away but he followed her cut in front of her to take more pictures, so she shoved him too. He stopped. Don't blame either. He was doing his job and she didn't want her picture taken.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...-Y-U-game.html

The second report came from a professional photographer who told police he was taking pictures of dejected Ute players when the same man came up to him and also told him to stop, Lemmon said.

The photographer told police the man then pushed the camera into his face while he was taking a picture. However, as of Monday afternoon, the matter had been resolved and the photographer asked BYU to drop the case, which it did, Lemmon said.

9 votes now for BYU.... (who is still voting????? Hey, I have a ticket to the BYU / Utah game last Saturday that I am willing to part with for face value. )
    Life is Good

I loved the Ted Bundy part of that video.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Uhhhh. I just saw this from a friend on FB. A coincidence...I think not. This dood must really be a nut job. I guess you get spit on and have beer spilled on you everywhere but BYU. Oh yeah and everybody else is classless... This article is from Dec. 10th 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hall
    "My uncle and my grandpa don't really like U of A," Hall said. "Playing at ASU and being spit on and having beer spilled on them, and all that stuff. ... But I think (Arizona) coach (Mike) Stoops has done a very good job with them. They're a classier program than they've been in the past. They're doing a lot of good things." ... But I think (Arizona) coach (Mike) Stoops has done a very good job with them. They're a classier program than they've been in the past. They're doing a lot of good things."
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ival-team.html

Nice use of the words on the photo caption...

"BYU quarterback Max Hall will lead the Cougars to the Las Vegas Bowl where he will face the school he grew up hating as a youngster in Mesa, Ariz."

Have to throw this out there for you Ute fans.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Oh yeah, you guys won huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Classic pick worked to perfection.....

can you even buy beer at RES? or is he suggesting someone smuggled the beer in?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Smuggling beer into RES? Never!

The "beer" statement was one of the remarks that made Hall look like a tool to drinkers.... for all you teetotalers let me explain....

NO ONE!!! has beer inside RES, it doesn't make sense... beer is big, bulky and difficult to smuggle

Oh the madness! The outrage!!! Alex Smith has NO CLASS. Classless!

"I'm much more into it this year," Smith says. "I really hate them. Playing in the game helped me understand. They are the most arrogant people. It's the whole church and state thing. They're the 'good kids'. We're the 'bad kids.' I didn't feel it in my gut last year like I do now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...van&id=1927159

"I'm much more into it this year," Smith says. "I really hate them. Playing in the game helped me understand. They are the most arrogant people. It's the whole church and state thing. They're the 'good kids'. We're the 'bad kids.' I didn't feel it in my gut last year like I do now."
    IMHO.... It was not the "hate" word that got Hall in trouble.... it was the Tom Cruise type presentation that made him look like a complete idiot.

As most of you know, I coach football. And I can tell you this.... most the players my team hate our rival after a couple of years. It's not that they hate any individual player.... but they hate (and respect) what the other team represents. Any player who did not feel this way after a couple years is probably sitting somewhere on the bench. This hate/respect is what makes rivalries such a great part of the sport.

And a little FWIW: I listened to an interview with Morgan Scalley the other day.... and he mentioned his little tirade was a huge mistake... he said he still has to apologize at least once a day for his sin..... and in my book Scalley's rant was a row boat to Hall's Titanic.....

.....just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

And a little FWIW: I listened to an interview with Morgan Scalley the other day.... and he mentioned his little tirade was a huge mistake... he said he still has to apologize at least once a day for his sin..... and in my book Scalley's rant was a row boat to Hall's Titanic.....
    Larger boat, same result. Your statement is evidence of the rivalry. Each side sees the other side's transgressions as much bigger than those of their own team's.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Larger boat, same result. Your statement is evidence of the rivalry. Each side sees the other side's transgressions as much bigger than those of their own team's.
    Touch

The whole point is that the comments were made by a BYU player. We know what they represent and what the Utes do not. No arguments there. Hell, the Utes are just a bunch of classless, beer drinking hell raisers that spill beer and spit on people...oh wait Arizona does that too.

At the end of the day it was some seriously bad PR for Brigham Young University and not something that they are proud of. No arguments there either.

Hahahaha! Now this is classy!