View Poll Results: Who will get a years bragging rights?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • BYU

9 56.25%
  • UTAH

7 43.75%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utah @ BYU Predictions

Hall reprimanded by MWC
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=294&sid=8854497
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hall reprimanded by MWC
    November 30th, 2009 @ 12:13pm

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - BYU quarterback Max Hall has been issued a public reprimand for comments which disparaged and criticized another MWC member institution following the November 28, 2009 Utah at BYU football contest. The actions of Mr. Hall were in violation of MWC Sportsmanship Rule Sections 4.2-e and 4.4.5.

The Mountain West Conference will have no further comment regarding this case. The provisions of the MWC Sportsmanship Policy can be found in Rule 4 of the MWC Handbook - which can be accessed via the www.TheMWC.com website.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Hall reprimanded by MWC
    November 30th, 2009 @ 12:13pm

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - BYU quarterback Max Hall has been issued a public reprimand for comments which disparaged and criticized another MWC member institution following the November 28, 2009 Utah at BYU football contest. The actions of Mr. Hall were in violation of MWC Sportsmanship Rule Sections 4.2-e and 4.4.5.

The Mountain West Conference will have no further comment regarding this case. The provisions of the MWC Sportsmanship Policy can be found in Rule 4 of the MWC Handbook - which can be accessed via the www.TheMWC.com website.

Ouch.....
    Life is Good

As a Utah fan there was one thing I really did enjoy about the game.... and that was watching the BYU fans rush the field.... that shows a lot of respect. Your fans don't rush the field for "just anther game". I don't follow BYU real close.... but I think it's been a long time since BYU fans rushed the field.

I think that is a function of the rivalry and respect for Utah's recent success and a ranked team. I also think we as fans (no I did not rush the field) were hungering after that win against a ranked opponent. I know in the past it went both ways. I remember hearing talk about former Utah coaches basically saving or losing their jobs based on the success they had against BYU. The passion for this particular game is pretty darn intense. A little too intense for many. It is just a game after all. I would place the field rush on the fact that it was two good teams but more so on the fact that it was a ranked Utah.
    Life is Good

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    watching the BYU fans rush the field.... that shows a lot of respect. Your fans don't rush the field for "just anther game". I don't follow BYU real close.... but I think it's been a long time since BYU fans rushed the field.
    I always love watching fans rush the field after a huge game. Don't get that in the pro levels (exept for the Bill's fans during their run that one year).

Zoobies when are you going to tear down a field goal post? Rushing the field and not tearing down the field goal posts, is like getting married and skipping the sex crazed honeymoon. Hell, U fans have torn down more field goal posts in Provo than zoobies.

After big wins at the Y, U fans even go back to the U, break into the stadium, and tear down the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner

After big wins at the Y, U fans even go back to the U, break into the stadium, and tear down the posts.

Who keeps voting for BYU to win after the game is over?

The votes were 5 to 7 in Utah's favor BEFORE the game. Yesterday they jumped to 7-7, and now they are 8 yo 7 in BYU's favor...

Everyone on the band wagon.... Everyone off the bandwagon... Everyone back on the band wagon....

Tossing more gas on the Max Hall fire.... or... did you hear what the pot said to the kettle....

I assume you guys have seen this.... some BYU fan taking a swing at Coach Whit's wife after the game.... pure class....

The postgame altercation involving Jamie Whittingham literally came into clearer focus when freelance photos confirmed an incident occurred.

The Salt Lake Tribune first reported Monday that Whittingham suffered a cut lip during an altercation on the field after the game. The photos, by a photographer with US Presswire, show an unidentified BYU fan latching on to Whittingham as he is being restrained by other fans. A second photo shows Whittingham and her daughter backpedaling from the altercation.

BYU police reported two different complaints were filed involving on-field scuffles in or near the
    Attached Images Attached Images   

^Pathetic, what a loser of a fan (based on the limited info here).

I don't care what she may or may not have said or done. As far as I know it was entirely unprovoked, you just don't go laying hands on a woman unless you are stopping her from harming someone else which I doubt was the case here.

Now, can you link me to the article that says someone took a swing at her? All the info above says she suffered a cut lip in an altercation...and that someone latched on to her, you added the taking a swing part on your own based on what I see here, which certainly isn't all the info. I'd be curious to hear some witness accounts of it. The only things I've read say that the whole incident was started by Whittingham's son and that there have been 2 "complaints' filed against him. A whole lot of vague info flying around on this one.

My overall opinion on all of this...

There are classless fans on both sides. There are classless comments on both sides. This is not the beginning nor the end of it all.

If you are going to bring up Morgan Scalley's incident you should at least included that he publically gave out his phone number so that any BYU fan that was offended by his comment could contact him and he would personally apologize. When Max does this then you can claim it's the same thing.
    He, or someone claiming to be him did post a number that was supposedly his.

Myself and several roommates called it to see what he would say. Our assumptions were correct. No one ever answered it, nor did it have any voicemail message attached to it.

I highly doubt it was his number and if it was...he wasn't answering calls. Just put the info out there to save some face.

Do I blame him for it? Nope. Maybe he answered calls at first, but it's ridiculous to say you're going to apologize to everyone who calls. You're going to get way too many calls and lots of them, if not most of them will be people just yelling/cussing at you.

Saying Max Hall needs to do the same is just as ridiculous. There is nothing to be gained by giving out your phone number just to get further harassment.

As a Utah fan there was one thing I really did enjoy about the game.... and that was watching the BYU fans rush the field.... that shows a lot of respect. Your fans don't rush the field for "just anther game". I don't follow BYU real close.... but I think it's been a long time since BYU fans rushed the field.
    My guess is that them rushing the field was a product of the Rivalry and the way it ended. It wasn't a matter of Utah being some amazing team. It was an exciting finish to a rivalry game, enough said.

FYI - I'm not saying Utah isn't a good team, they've played well this year and gave BYU all they could handle. But if BYU had won by a TD or two in regulation I don't think you see fans rushing the field with no MWC title on the line.

p.s. Utah's future looks bright, Wynn could really develop into a great QB. BYU's future should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Saying Max Hall needs to do the same is just as ridiculous. There is nothing to be gained by giving out your phone number just to get further harassment.
    Actually did you read and see the context this was placed in. This was pre Max apology. I brought this up because Morgan did apologize for his comment and Max had not at the time. At the time you could not say there were the same statements because one was man enough to say he was wrong. Now that max has apologized you can consider the same and a moot point. I disagree Max apologizing is not ridiculous.

As for Whit's wife. Read a news story that this fan was taking pictures of Whit's young child's reactions after the game. Was asked to stop 2 times but continued, third time his phone was thrown and a fight happened.

Last time I remember a Y student getting in a fight with someone on the U side line the Y student was expelled from the Y. Ironically the U member transferred to the Y a few years later.

Actually did you read and see the context this was placed in. This was pre Max apology. I brought this up because Morgan did apologize for his comment and Max had not at the time. At the time you could not say there were the same statements because one was man enough to say he was wrong. Now that max has apologized you can consider the same and a moot point. I disagree Max apologizing is not ridiculous.

As for Whit's wife. Read a news story that this fan was taking pictures of Whit's young child's reactions after the game. Was asked to stop 2 times but continued, third time his phone was thrown and a fight happened.

Last time I remember a Y student getting in a fight with someone on the U side line the Y student was expelled from the Y. Ironically the U member transferred to the Y a few years later.
    Didn't realize you made your comment before the apology. I thought you were saying his apology wasn't as good as Morgan because Morgan actually reached out to all fans...my bad.

I never said Max apologizing was ridiculous...I was saying that giving out your phone number to apologize to every fan was a ridiculous concept. I'm sure that if it really was Morgan who put that number out, he quickly realized it was a bad idea. It wasn't going to accomplish anything. This wasn't what you were saying though, so it's moot.

As for Whit's wife, I read as well that the Y fan was taking pictures of the Whit's kids and that Whit's boy took the phone and/or damaged a camera. A lot of petty crap going on there, presumably started by a classless BYU fan taking those pics. It's one thing to sneak a pic because you think it's funny (though not a classy thing to do with kids involved) but once the parents or someone else involved sees you doing it and asks you to stop...be a man, stop.

Best BYU/Utah fan beat down ever..... During the 1999 Holy War a BYU fan went onto the field and tackled Utah cheerleader Billy Priddis who then introduced the fan to his fists.

BYU Fan Jumps Utah Cheerleader - BYU vs. Utah 1999

And I had almost forgot about the ugliest uniforms ever.... the BYU baby bibs.

I was at that game...HILARIOUS. Who said male cheerleaders aren't tough?

I was at that game...HILARIOUS. Who said male cheerleaders aren't tough?
    I was also at that game.... this happened almost directly in front of us, we had a great view of the entire deal.

Funny thing was after the beat down the Utah crowd started ribbing the coug fans about.... "Even Utah cheerleaders kick Cougar ass".

I was on my mission in 99. I never heard about that incident. What happened to the cheerleader?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I was on my mission in 99. I never heard about that incident. What happened to the cheerleader?
    He was given the key to the city became a god to Utah fans.

Cheerleader did nothing wrong. He didn't attack he was attacked by the Y fan and the Y fan wouldn

Is that true?

Too funny.