View Poll Results: Who will get a years bragging rights?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • BYU

9 56.25%
  • UTAH

7 43.75%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah @ BYU Predictions

Utah @ BYU Predictions

You can never call these games. The cougars are favored to win by a touchdown and they are playing at home with a senior quarterback so they should win. The pressure is certainly on them. The Utes are in a rebuilding year and have a true freshman starting with only a few games under his belt.

However, I have to pick the Utes because that's who I root for. I think the Utah defense and especially the d-line and secondary is far superior, yet the BYU offense is much better then the U. Will Utah's secondary be able to shut down Hall and make him throw picks like last year? Will Utah be able to stop Harvey Unga? Will BYU's secondary be able to keep Jordan Wynn from throwing the deep ball to Utah's speedy receivers? Will Utah be able to stop the Hall -> Pitta hookups?

It'll be interesting. I need to think more about what the score will actually be but I am picking the Utes to pull off the upset. It should be a close game and of course turnovers will play a big roll in the outcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Utah has surprised me this year, more so than BYU. I'd expected Utah to fair worse than they have and the Y to do better than they have. Y is a good team and at times as show potential to be a GREAT team this year.

Unless Utah doesn't make freshmen mistakes, this could be close.

Any home field advantage? I agree Utah has won what the last 7 out of 8 down south. It sure is a home field advantage.

Here is my prediction... and I backed it up with actual coinage....

Utah's corners should be able to lock down BYU's cement shoe wearing WR's. This could turn into 9 on 9 smash mouth football.

I'm curious to see how Utah defends BYU's talented TE's.... how do you cover Pita? Cover him with Sylvester or Johnson? Cover him with Sylvester and you lose your best linebacker. Cover him with Johnson and your bring Utah out of their preferred man-free coverage.... pick your poison...

Utah will not be going deep against BYU. BYU's secondary is designed to make you beat them with a bunch of short, continuous, underneath passes. Utah will have to throw underneath to their playmakers and look for YAC.

Utah is not real healthy at RB.

Utah has not had a turnover in 3 of the past 4 rivalry games, but they have put the ball on the carpet a lot this year. And when Hall get's rattled he starts throwing balls up for grabs. Turnovers will play a big part in the outcome.

BYU has trouble against any team with real speed... and Utah has real speed....

As of this morning BYU was a 7 1/2 point favorite. The Over/Under is 53 1/2.

And since I just placed a wager I'll let you in on it.... I'll took Utah and the 7 1/2 points to the tune of $200, thank you very much.

BYU, baby. And since I don't bet often I am not sure how to let you know I am serious except to say, I AM SERIOIUS, Dang it all to heck!!! I think BYU's offense will score points. Question is BYU's defense and their ability to hold the U in check. If it is smash mouth football, I like BYU's chances in the trenches. I'll be there and trying not to freeze. The forecast doesn't look too good.
    Life is Good

I just wish that somehow both teams could loose...
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee
    Always someone trying to gay up the sports section....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

not sure how you gay up something more that already has men taking hot showers together, wearing tights and smacking each others butts

I just don't like either team and I wish I was in control of the world so I could cause them both to loose.. its not my fault I detest them both equally :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

not sure how you gay up something more that already has men taking hot showers together, wearing tights and smacking each others butts

I just don't like either team and I wish I was in control of the world so I could cause them both to loose.. its not my fault I detest them both equally :)
    ** edit - how's that!**

This begs the question: Do you have a team you support or is it that you "detest" football? This is the sports section afterall and if you post, you must have your helmet on and be willing to take the sports trash smack that is simply going to happen.
    Life is Good

Yo Scott....

I wish you would learn to put a line of space between your quote and your comment.... it drives me crazy....

Go Utes!

I wish I was in control of the world
    When it's my turn to control the world I'm not going to waste my time on sports..... I'm going to make all the women skinny with big boobs.

That and maybe than I'll finally get the hoover bike they promised me in 5th grade that we would all be riding around on in the future.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I'm sorry that your aggies don't matter and can't win. Last time they were relevent was back when the olsen boys played. The athletic program is not large enought to support a FBS football team.

I've met some aggie fans that have learned to pick another football team to cheer for and then keep the rest of their athletic program. Try it.

When it's my turn to control the world I'm not going to waste my time on sports..... I'm going to make all the women skinny with big boobs.
    I guess you have a point there.. gonna have to change priorities

I'm sorry that your aggies don't matter and can't win. Last time they were relevent was back when the olsen boys played. The athletic program is not large enought to support a FBS football team.
    NA NA NA NA NA I can't hear you NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

I've met some aggie fans that have learned to pick another football team to cheer for and then keep the rest of their athletic program. Try it.
    Can't.. its an illness

Just to get the smack flowing....

I wish I was in control of the world

That and maybe than I'll finally get the hoover bike they promised me in 5th grade that we would all be riding around on in the future.

Is Hoover getting out of the Vacuum making business and making bikes soon? ;) I guess you could say your spelling really "sucks"

Ok, that was terrible, but I'd still like a Hover Bike.

And since I just placed a wager I'll let you in on it.... I'll took Utah and the 7 1/2 points to the tune of $200, thank you very much.
    Utah lost

But I still won.

The point spread is a wonderful thing....

BYU was lucky to get passed Utah. I still can't figure out why Bronco Medenhall didn't use his time outs at the end of the game. Like Ransom said "Mendenhall just can't out coach anyone".
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    BYU was lucky to get passed Utah. I still can't figure out why Bronco Medenhall didn't use his time outs at the end of the game. Like Ransom said "Mendenhall just can't out coach anyone".
    Looked like he was playing for overtime and it worked out. Still not the decision the majority of coaches would make, but I can't think of a game that has been lost due to poor coaching on his part.

How about Max Hall's classless comments? What a certified grade A douche canoe. I was on his band wagon a couple of years back when he replaced Beck, but my opinion of him has gone south. Two words I can use that reflect why I hate him: Arrogant and Classless. Sure glad he is gone.

What a great game. I really thought BYU was going to break it wide open but the Utah defense played great in the second half. Many 3 and outs. In the end I was happy to see BYU's seniors go out with a big win including Max Hall. Then I flipped on the TV later in the evening and saw what Max Hall had said after the game. Boy what a jackass. The comments were far from christian and coming from a captain of Brigham Young's football team. Wow, I was shocked to read that. Where was BYU's PR team during that rant. He should have just let the win speak for itself and focus on his last career game at BYU. He had plenty of material to talk about, but he let his true colors come out by running his mouth. I would be very embarrassed if I was a Cougar fan. Hell, I was embarrassed as a Ute fan to hear that garbage. What a clown...classless, yeah buddy, takes one to know one.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hall
    I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, I hate their fans, I hate everything. So it felt really good to send those guys home, Hall continued. They didn't deserve it. It was our turn, and our turn to win. We deserved it. We played as hard as we could tonight. And it felt really good, again, to send them home, to get them out of here, and so it is a game I will always remember. I think the whole university, their fans and their organization is classless. They threw beer on my family and stuff last year, and they did a whole bunch of nasty things, and I don't respect them, and they deserved to lose.
    Yeah Max, you deserved it. The lord stepped in and made magic happen because you guys are better then the beer drinking Utes. I might be a Ute fan, but I don't hate anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Utah still had to make the kick, which was not a given.... if the kick was good than BYU was happy heading to overtime, which is not a bad thing if you are the home team. Home team has a big advantage on OT in a packed stadium.

Not a bad choice considering Hall has a history of getting rattled in pressure situations. OT is less pressure than a 2 minute drill. Just my 2 cents.