Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your Thanksgiving weekend plans?

What are your Thanksgiving weekend plans?

Thursday is turkey day so I'll be taking it easy at home with family and watching football. My wife and I decided to start our own traditions this year and have the feast at our place with our kids. Looking forward to it. Friday is supposed to be the warmest day so I am headed out to do some moto desert riding out west. Saturday I might put up Christmas lights and then its the big Utah @ BYU game in the afternoon. Sunday more rest.

Whacha all got planned?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Skeet shooting thursday morning with the extended family, and then wishing I was in Southern Utah for the rest of the weekend.

heading up to alaska for a few weeks... -35 this week. sounds like fun!

Looking forward to those pics

heading down wednesday to spend time with my boys before the 'DAY' so we can actually enjoy it...you know...the meal...company...little things like that. Thursday...honestly don't know what to expect. Big doings with a large large family, half of which doesnt talk to each other & then after the meal let it settle & go to another family gettogether for pie & talk. Did I mention that I'm bringing my bike so as to have an escape?? "..deep breaths...deep breaths....remember to breathe.."

Family Stuff
    Maybe hiking Frary Peak.
    Headed up to Aspen Grove to make a fire and do some star trails.

I'm taking the old Bronco to the Hole In The Rock Trail, camping for a couple of nights

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    I'm taking the old Bronco to the Hole In The Rock Trail, camping for a couple of nights
    sounds MUCH more fun

Boycotting the in-laws Thanksgiving Day, not sure what I will do yet. Probably ski at Solitude. Heading south on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeps
    Boycotting the in-laws Thanksgiving Day
    Nice, how are you getting away with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Same as the last five years. I simply abstain from all in-law gatherings.

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    heading down wednesday to spend time with my boys before the 'DAY' so we can actually enjoy it...you know...the meal...company...little things like that. Thursday...honestly don't know what to expect. Big doings with a large large family, half of which doesnt talk to each other & then after the meal let it settle & go to another family gettogether for pie & talk. Did I mention that I'm bringing my bike so as to have an escape?? "..deep breaths...deep breaths....remember to breathe.."
    Wade if you want get a hold of me so I can show you some of the new stuff I have been working on-pm me for my number
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore

Quote Originally Posted by ogdmfg
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Wade if you want get a hold of me so I can show you some of the new stuff I have been working on-pm me for my number

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I have family in all week visiting from New Orleans and we're doing the "feast" at my house on Thursday with a total of 28 people - friends and family. It would be more fun if I didn't have to do the majority of the cooking...... At least my sister is here to help!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

can't get a pm to go through Jeremy. My number is 307-875-1445. I'll have it with me all the time, and I still have yours.

Happy Thanksgiving Y'ALL !!

We, are hiding!
    No family, no anyone!
    Cooking at our house, Me the wife and my kids, our 6 year old,her oldest son.
    Her two daughters are invited as well, but currently not expecting them to show up.
    it means all the cooking, but it also means all the left overs!
    We have been hitting her parents house or my parents house (with divorces, thats 4 houses!) my dad moved to washington, my mom is more than likely going to be out of town as her brother died and she may need to head to texas to take care of some stuff pending the request of my cousin. IF she IS in town, shes invited as well, but this year we decided just us. Still in the middle of moving from the old house to a bigger one, only have half our dishes but all the pots and pans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Same as the last five years. I simply abstain from all in-law gatherings.
    What have been the consequences with this?

Are there bad feelings?

Haven't really been a big fan of certain holidays since the big D. I remember in '03, I was in Iraq on my first tour and hit the 2-weeks-leave-lottery with dates to be home for Thanksgiving. I didn't tell my family I was coming home, just the (now ex) wife. Spoiled the surprise when I bumped into my dad at the grocery store. (He was hugging me and crying and making a big scene). Later I surprised the rest of the family by showing up for Thanksgiving dinner. Man, that was the best Thanksgiving...
    This year Josh and I are having some friends over; girls, kids, army buddies. We're going to grill steaks and serve them with Thanksgiving sides (stuffing, mashed potatoes, pie and stuff).
    Then early Friday morning (the plan is 0430) Cody, Josh, Dean, Shandra and I are going down to the North Wash for a couple days of Canyoneering!
    Steaks, beers and canyoneering. Should be a pretty fun weekend!

What's the big "D" Don? Deployment?
    Sounds like a fun plan you have for the long w/e!

I wouldn't hear of sticking around town when I've got days off of work! I'm heading out to Death Valley with a couple of city guys (I'm not sure they've been camping much) and 5 teenagers for a few days!
    The guys who are coming are one of the teenagers parents and his buddy whom I've not met yet.

I've been kidnapping these kids often and now their parents want in on some of the fun! ;)
    So I'm playing desert tour guide this w/e - gonna take em to all my favorite touristy places out there.

It'll be like fun only different!

I am making a big production dinner of turkey/stuffing/and all that jazz the following w/e for my family, and my son's band mates. I've been doing the Turkey dinner thing the w/e before or after the actual holiday for oh about 20 years now ~ no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Haven't really been a big fan of certain holidays since the big D. I remember in '03, I was in Iraq on my first tour and hit the 2-weeks-leave-lottery with dates to be home for Thanksgiving. I didn't tell my family I was coming home, just the (now ex) wife. Spoiled the surprise when I bumped into my dad at the grocery store. (He was hugging me and crying and making a big scene). Later I surprised the rest of the family by showing up for Thanksgiving dinner. Man, that was the best Thanksgiving...
    This year Josh and I are having some friends over; girls, kids, army buddies. We're going to grill steaks and serve them with Thanksgiving sides (stuffing, mashed potatoes, pie and stuff).
    Then early Friday morning (the plan is 0430) Cody, Josh, Dean, Shandra and I are going down to the North Wash for a couple days of Canyoneering!
    Steaks, beers and canyoneering. Should be a pretty fun weekend!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

No family here....they are all back in Illinois. Amanda and I will just hang around the house on Thanksgiving and Friday. Might take the Jeep out on the weekend, but not too far fom home.
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography