Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your Thanksgiving weekend plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    What's the big "D" Don? Deployment?
    Too subtle? That's not usually me. I was reffering to the divorce. As in; I haven't really been a fan of certain holidays since the divorce. Some of them outright suck ass; my son doing fireworks or at a costume party with his mom and her new guy...
    Reminds me of a favorite quote:
    A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. -W. C. Fields

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Headed south, mtn bike, rock climb and hang out with family and friends.

Saturday night dinner with Felicia and her daughter and anyone else who would like to join.

My sis-in-law and hubby are leaving their kids with Grandma in St. George and heading to Vegas for a day. Would love to join them not sure if that will be feasible. I have never been to Vegas as an adult other then just passing through.

Mostly relaxing and enjoying.
    Chere'

I'm climbing a 12,857 foot mountain in Colorado with the wife and kids. We'll be taking three days (Thursday through Saturday) and will be eating Thanksgiving Dinner up at 11,700 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

What have been the consequences with this?
    We're on the every-other-year plan, and consequently it's really freed up my holidays. At least every-other-holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Are there bad feelings?
    You can appreciate it's complex. I can honestly say I don't have hard feelings anymore.

What the.... I can't say I blame you for not going to family functions. You story is nuts. Is your wife OK? Jeeze, if my future son-in-law stuck by my daughter after all the medical treatments I would be impressed. Nice to see some forgiveness on your end though. on the in-laws. Thanks for sharing.
    Life is Good

Damn D, that sucks. I kind of miss family get togethers with the ex's-family. There were occasional judgmental looks when the new grandpa-in-law started serving beer at family functions but it would be rude to decline and he's a funny old guy with interesting things to discuss over a beer. Either I had some good times or the grass really is always greener...
    Life's weird sometimes.

Going to a Chinese restaurant and have 'Dim Sum'. Turkey dinner costs too much and we don't want to cook.
    bruce from bryce

'I used to work for the government; but I was not part of the problem'

Quote Originally Posted by bruce from bryce
    Going to a Chinese restaurant and have 'Dim Sum'. Turkey dinner costs too much and we don't want to cook.
    Dang, that sounds fine! I haven't had Dim Sum since Hong Kong, 1980!

I get to spend sleepless nights smoking turkeys . Already have smoked 2 and 2 to go yet. My wife really likes the way I do them, so volunteers my time for friends so that they can eat smoked turkeys! Think I'll go buy a nice bottle of Malbec on my way home from work tonight and sip a bit before, during and after!

Feliz Dia d Peru!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeps
    Boycotting the in-laws Thanksgiving Day.
    Ditto. Finally talked my wife into starting our own traditions. I was ready 5 years ago. Every other year is a good schedule. We used to do the Sunday dinner thing every week too rotating. Then we went to every other and now we can barely make once a month. Families just get too big and these family functions are unbearable as greyhair and others have mentioned. Love the family and our time together, but I really enjoy just spending time with my wife and kids alone. Is that wrong?

Bogley BigShot
    Hanging with the HUGE bodybuilder type gangsters in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    I'm climbing a 12,857 foot mountain in Colorado with the wife and kids. We'll be taking three days (Thursday through Saturday) and will be eating Thanksgiving Dinner up at 11,700 feet.
    AMAZINGLY cool way to spend time with your family over the holiday! :)
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Too subtle? That's not usually me. I was reffering to the divorce. As in; I haven't really been a fan of certain holidays since the divorce. Some of them outright suck ass; my son doing fireworks or at a costume party with his mom and her new guy...
    A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. -W. C. Fields
    Oh..oops.
    Yeah, I guess that would suck.
    You seem like a good dad who's totally involved in your sons lfe regardless - and that's a priceless gift that some dads (married or divorced) just don't afford their kids. Your son's a lucky little dude!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

I got invited by some fairly distant friends for Thanksgiving Otherwise it would be just me and a bottle of scotch. Now, it's going to be me, a bunch of people, turkey, and a bottle of scotch
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    I got invited by some fairly distant friends for Thanksgiving Otherwise it would be just me and a bottle of scotch. Now, it's going to be me, a bunch of people, turkey, and a bottle of scotch
    Love that. I might print it and stick it on the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Oh..oops.
    Yeah, I guess that would suck.
    You seem like a good dad who's totally involved in your sons lfe regardless - and that's a priceless gift that some dads (married or divorced) just don't afford their kids. Your son's a lucky little dude!
    Thanks. He's really the best thing in life. Even Guinness sucks compared to hangin out an laughing at farts with my boy.