Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best of 2009 Canyoneering Pictures

Best of 2009 Canyoneering Pictures

Time to get our annual best of 2009 thread going...

The rules.... only one picture per post and no more then 5 pictures from any one person. The pictures must have been taken in 2009. The pictures do not have to be yours, but proper photo credit must be given and you must have permission to post the photo if they are not yours. Anything larger then 800x600 will be deleted.

And while it is not required it's always nice if you post a little bit of info along with your picture. What, where when, who and how...

For those interested:

Best of 2006 pictures
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4941

Best of 2007 pictures
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9751

Best of 2008 pictures
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15425

ready set go......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

And as is tradition.... I'll post the first picture....

Below is a picture Mrs. Ice took of me on our first trip through Entrajo.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Escaping the Pit of Despair - Smiling Cricket - Oct '09

Dan, dood, that Smiling Cricket photo had my vote the minute I saw it. That is one cool shot. I am still miffed I was not there.
    Life is Good

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Dan, dood, that Smiling Cricket photo had my vote the minute I saw it. That is one cool shot. I am still miffed I was not there.
    Dan's a little slow on the readin comprehension, tho. Utah edumacation? Might be DQ'd (but Ice would never be so creul).

T :mostes:

dan, i'd love to see the pit in color ( but it is fantastic as is ). more of a realist myself. think thats why i love your pothole alley shot so much. great colors ! and a great representation of the canyons nature. one pothole to another to another... and whats around teh corner ? repeat.

signature

& one of my own from poe.
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Dan's a little slow on the readin comprehension, tho. Utah edumacation? Might be DQ'd (but Ice would never be so creul).

T :mostes:
    huh? did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    dan, i'd love to see the pit in color ( but it is fantastic as is )
    I'll see if i can dig up the color version. It doesn't look nearly as good though, because the light is flat, the walls are muddy in color and texture, so you can't see much of the character. The black and white allows the contrast to be deeper.

btw jason, i got some slot questions for you. scar tissue? looks cool...

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    huh? did i miss something?
    The rules.... only one picture per post

We'll let two pics slide.... I just hate it when someone dumps 20 pics into one post and it takes the page forever to load.

The Room - Happy Dog - Oct '09

Cathedral Rap, Pine Creek

And just because it got us through...

Yo... for those of you who ride the short bus.... I know you are special and all... but...

Anything larger then 800x600 will be deleted.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Yo... for those of you who ride the short bus.... I know you are special and all... but...

Anything larger then 800x600 will be deleted.!!!
    So, because i do ride the short bus....how do we shrink em like you just did?
    better off outdoors

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiecutter
    So, because i do ride the short bus....how do we shrink em like you just did?
    read in the dark room form image resizing tool in the how to post a picture thread also can use microsoft picture manager

For those on the short bus... Read this for help on Sizing and posting an image on Bogley.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1718

The free image resizer tool mentioned in the thread is a great item to have.

Tarantula Canyon (Canyonlands NP):

I'll see if i can dig up the color version. It doesn't look nearly as good though, because the light is flat, the walls are muddy in color and texture, so you can't see much of the character. The black and white allows the contrast to be deeper.

i don't remember what that pit looked like really. that sucks. fitting tho, it sure made us feel gloomy when we hit it. can't beleivev all u wussies are pot-shotting across.

scar tissue - never care to be first, just want to play myself ! saw a cairn in its lower end marking the short scramble out/in just up from teh dirty devil. it is a nice canyon, and in a great setting. just too short. woud make a great side sojourn on a "connection" day between 2 other points. or a very relaxed, mellow, & private oveernighter.

http://www.summitpost.org/canyon/522...ar-tissue.html
    signature

i don't remember what that pit looked like really. that sucks. fitting tho, it sure made us feel gloomy when we hit it. can't beleivev all u wussies are pot-shotting across.
    lol. trust me, whoever goes into the pit still has a scary job. hand over hand 20 feet up some potshots? not my cup o' tea. it was pretty gnarly last time. the potshots pulled on the first try, stuck 'em the second. it is, however, very easy after you get one out. plus, it's a helluva throw across it...

this last time we went through the wart pothole too... that pothole is even scarier then the pit, but, you can throw to a guided rap on that one, and avoid the water/black hole altogether.