Thread: Me and a couple friends climbing a 5.11

Me and a couple friends climbing a 5.11

Haven't posted for a while so figured I would toss up a couple videos from this week of our rock climbing session. Getting a little better and can do select 5.11 climbs now. Usually just a and b's. 5.12's are still way out of my league though. Weather is still nice down here in Saint George. this place is called turtle rock.

Yours truly:

Same climb, just from a different angle we though was more impressive.

Justin:

part 2 after rest

Bryce:

part 2
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    class 9

Um, perhaps its some kind of new patriotic remembrance thing, but do you really mean a 5.11, not a 9.11? Or is there a new style of climbing 3 classes above Aid?

Still - good vids!

OMG I'm so retarded! Ok mass corrections coming lol

You realize it doesn't count unless you get the redpoint lead right? j/k. Nice work! I need to get down to St. George, so many fun sport routes down there and it's prime season for a lot of areas. Still not enough snow in the mountains up here to do much snowboarding... maybe I will make a trip down there sometime soon.

BTW, what route is that juggy looking overhang? Director of Humor Affairs? Hear it's really good.

Haha, even though you are joking I think that is actually true. The other climbers also give us crap "jokingly" too. Just don't have a dynamic rope yet, still using my starter static ones. Maybe Santa will hook me up this year.

Yeah all 3 vids are that run "Director of Humor Affairs" it's my favorite run right now in that spot. At least of the ones I can do, hehe. There is another really cool one in the "cave" section, but I can't get past the 2nd bolt it. But that one seems to be the one all the "good climbers" love. I'll figure it out soon. :P

If you're ever down here, send me a PM. Would love to climb with ya some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    If you're ever down here, send me a PM. Would love to climb with ya some time.
    For sure, I'll even bring my bouncy rope. I'm contemplating going down this weekend, although I got deathly ill and haven't climbed for 2 weeks, I'm probably out of shape again. We'll see how sore I get at the gym tonight.

Looks like fun! Steep and juggy.

Uhhmmm....not to be too picky, but, you guys should probably get used to tying directly into the rope, instead of using a locking biner on your harness.

Good practise for the "real" thing (leadng)...ha ha.

Cheers!

-Brian in SLC