Thread: St George biking during Thanksgiving weekend

St George biking during Thanksgiving weekend

Looking forward to doing some riding in the St George area. Wondered if any Bogley members might be riding during that time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I might be interested. What are you thinking of riding and what day?
    Chere'

I'll be there. I'm planning on hitting something Friday afternoon. I'm open to suggestions and/or riding partners.

I wish. I wanted this to happen for a few weeks now, I just couldn't pull it off.

I've got a 5 day weekend with nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I wish. I wanted this to happen for a few weeks now, I just couldn't pull it off.

I've got a 5 day weekend with nothing to do.
    Hey you can come into work for me on friday since corporarte said no go on the 4 day weekend. Bastards!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Nice seeing ya on the trail Redfox! Funny we picked the same one to ride.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    Nice seeing ya on the trail Redfox! Funny we picked the same one to ride.
    What'd you guys ride?

I don't know the name. It goes over by Turtle Rock if that means anything to you. TheKing showed it to me.

It was funny there I am sitting at the top taking a rest, left my bike in the middle of the trail cuz I honestly didn't think I would see anyone else up there and as I am sitting there up comes a rider. I start apologizing for my bike in his way and he just starts talking to me like he knows me. It took me a few minutes to realize I knew him too!
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    I don't know the name. It goes over by Turtle Rock if that means anything to you. TheKing showed it to me.

It was funny there I am sitting at the top taking a rest, left my bike in the middle of the trail cuz I honestly didn't think I would see anyone else up there and as I am sitting there up comes a rider. I start apologizing for my bike in his way and he just starts talking to me like he knows me. It took me a few minutes to realize I knew him too!

Yeah, I can't remember the name, but it's the trail REDFOX always hits down there. I think it's Turtle Wall or Paradise Canyon.

yep paradise canyon... i'm so bumed that i could catch a ride and dinner with you guys.. i was stuck in West Jordan for a week.

Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Great weather in St George ! Sure didn't expect to recognize anyone on the trail. Turns out that I only had time to ride the Green Valley loop twice and then a quick pedal up turtle wall to paradise rim just before dark.

I rode Zen on Friday morning. It was a good time. That's a fun trail that keeps reminding me that I totally suck.

The next time that I ride in St george, I want to ride the Barrel trail and the zen trail.

Zen is fun. I've ridden it twice now and I like it quite a bit. It has enough tricky stuff on it to keep you humble and interested without killing the fun of the ride at the same time. The fact that you can get into some technical rocks without driving all the way out to Gooseberry is a bonus too. Route finding can be a bit tricky in some spots, but overall not too tough. This time I ended up coming down off of the trail in a different spot then the first time last year. I think the trail was rerouted at the end, but I couldn't tell exactly where.