Thread: $375 FINE MIN...wait what? [PIC]

$375 FINE MIN...wait what? [PIC]

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It may seem like a high fine, but it isn't. In the warmer half of the year I work with construction projects. Last summer there was a serious accident just because someone didn't slow down in the work zone. I had to take all the photos while the project manager took one lady to the hospital. Two others were taken away by ambulance.

The summer before, there were four accidents on our project, but no injuries involving the said vehicle crashes. However, one flagger was run off the road by a speeding vehicle and suffered a broken ankle.

You would be surprised how often this happens.

In Colorado alone (which is where I work), the Highway Patrol provides the following statistics:

http://csp.state.co.us/workzone.html

Construction zones have a high rate of accident occurrence despite efforts to make the work zones as safe as possible. While doing inspections on the job site, I

[quote=Scott P]It may seem like a high fine, but it isn't. In the warmer half of the year I work with construction projects. Last summer there was a serious accident just because someone didn't slow down in the work zone. I had to take all the photos while the project manager took one lady to the hospital. Two others were taken away by ambulance.

The summer before, there were four accidents on our project, but no injuries involving the said vehicle crashes. However, one flagger was run off the road by a speeding vehicle and suffered a broken ankle.

You would be surprised how often this happens.

In Colorado alone (which is where I work), the Highway Patrol provides the following statistics:

http://csp.state.co.us/workzone.html

Construction zones have a high rate of accident occurrence despite efforts to make the work zones as safe as possible. While doing inspections on the job site, I
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I don't think he was complaining about the fine.. more about public works and their inability to spell.. Minimum :)
    OK, never mind. I guess it is funny. I was focused on the dollar amount.

Anyway, for the record the public work sectors never make those signs. They are always made by the private sector. Not that it matters though. I've seen worse.

Yeah... Public Works would never screw up......