Thread: Revolver cleaning help

Revolver cleaning help

I have a stubborn revolver. What solvent do y'all use? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i've always used hoppes and a wire bore brush, followed up with some oil and clean patches, sometimes it takes lots of patches.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I use Break-Free. Sometimes its okay to just let it soak for a minute or so before hitting with the bore brush. Then put a few dry pads through it and hit it with a light coat of oil.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Re: Revolver cleaning help

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    I have a stubborn revolver. What solvent do y'all use? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    If I end up firing until my 44 is super fouled I will use some Seafoam spray down the bore and in parts.. let it sit overnight and then just use normal hoppes and its done
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by ilanimaka
    Define stubborn.
    I shot my gun for the first time a couple of months ago but just a few rounds. Yesterday, I took out my agression on some office hard drives and fired close to 100 rounds. I started to clean it, did the bore brush and cleaner from walmart (I know, there is my problem -- and I can't remember the name of it) and I, for the life of me cannot get the thing shinny new. I will try the overnight soaking with some of the stuff ya'll have recommended. I imagine not all solvent is created equal. I have gone through a bunch of patches and they still keep coming out dirty so there is still junk to clean. Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like I am doing it right but my cleaner may not be up to snuff.
    Life is Good

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Barnes cr-10--or

Butch's bore shine

Winchester makes a bore cleaner that I've had excellent success with. Stuff's pretty potent.

I have this yellow felt stuff that's soaked in some strong chemical. I cut off a piece of it and scrub the black off the cylinder like it was sandpaper. Works pretty well if you give it some elbow grease. I got it from a gun shop, ask around and someone will know what it is.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?