http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8714738

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: I wish I would have seen this

Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    I find meteor stuff fascinating.

This is way cool....

well now I know what the rumble I heard last night was.. wish I would have had my blinds open so I could have seen the light.. Just so I can say to people "I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!"
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Wow! I wish I would have seen this!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

My bedroom lit up like a spotlight sometime around midnight last night. I was wondering what the hell it was, got up, looked out the window, and saw nothing. I thought I was losing my mind until I saw this on KSL this morning.

I was asleep
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

My eyes were closed, my wifes were open, she saw it, I missed it, I just assumed I was THAT good and overloaded her brain and she saw fireworks.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    My video surveillance cameras at home and work caught the explosion (story posted on my blog here) .

SL Tribune is reporting con-trail like sightings over Tooele valley, but I don't believe they were meteor related.

Going to work this morning at 0600, I saw the circles in the sky over the Wasatch (seemed like it was above Big Cottonwood Canyon) -- NOT over Tooele to the West. Interesting enough though, while hiking to the top of Bald Mountain yesterday (just East of Stockton/Ophir area), I saw the same circles over the Tooele valley -- but that was at 1400 yesterday.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

very cool! Bummer I missed out on it
    better off outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    My video surveillance cameras at home and work caught the explosion (story posted on my blog here) .

SL Tribune is reporting con-trail like sightings over Tooele valley, but I don't believe they were meteor related.

Going to work this morning at 0600, I saw the circles in the sky over the Wasatch (seemed like it was above Big Cottonwood Canyon) -- NOT over Tooele to the West. Interesting enough though, while hiking to the top of Bald Mountain yesterday (just East of Stockton/Ophir area), I saw the same circles over the Tooele valley -- but that was at 1400 yesterday.
    The trails over the salt lake valley yesterday were a couple of Jets.. watched them lay down a couple of J shaped trails and a big loop.. kinda cool :)... just saw the pic of the trails from last night.. whatever they are looks cool to me :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

An updated report with some links to more vids. One real good one that you can see the meteor and its tail.

This woke my wife up. I was awake in the other room and she started calling me. She didn't realize it until this morning. Crazy to think about how small it was overall in comparison to the size a huge asteroid would be. I'd say we are in a world of hurt when some direct asteroid hit occurs. Oh well, till then, we rock.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum