Thread: Return To Harker Canyon

Return To Harker Canyon

once again it was time to get out of the house and spend some time in the hills. We headed back to where we went a couple weekends ago but this time to do some camping. In our groups email correspondence it the trip was often referred to as Beer, Guns and Campfire. All three were the essence of the trip. Started out Saturday afternoon around 1 into the teeth of the winters first snowstorm we soon saw one of the storms casualty's between Tooele and Stockton.

4 door long bed ford had rolled off the side of the road. 30 minutes later the snow fall had abated and we were coming up to the dirt road to head up Harker canyon.

Quickly airing down we headed up the trail. This is the Trail Trailers second trip out and it did great, tracked perfect and everything stayed dry. Soon we got to our campsite and set up a windbreak between Masons Jeep and mine and put up some awnings to protect from the driving wind.
    ;
    Pretty nice view out over Vernon.

We all slept in our Jeeps and I checked the weather station close to where we camped. It showed a low of 1* overnight, but about 7:45 Saturday night it showed a windchill of -17*!!!! That was when we were having dinner served up by Mason of some good BBQ Steak and French bread. Morning came and once again I was the first up so I got coffee and a fire going and once all of the lazy bums woke up cooked some breakfast burritos and started shooting at some targets we brought up. after that it was time to head down the canyon and make our way home on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon :)

Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winter camping, no bugs!
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH