Thread: What are you paying for your internet?

What are you paying for your internet?

I've got Qwest DSL. It's running me about $50 per month. I don't want to sacrifice the speed but I figure that there's got to be a better deal out there.

What are you guys running?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have been using Wireless Beehive for the last 7 years.. only had 3 times with an outage 2 time were wireless beehives fault 1 was a trunk outage all less than a day. 512MBPS $29.95 a month :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

See, $30 sounds reasonable. It doesn't look like that's available where I live though.

I have Comcast right now at $30 a month with a 6 month pricing special. When it expires I plan on switching to Digis.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I have Qwest w/Xmission as my ISP. I'm paying just under $90/month.

About $39 to Qwest and the remainder to Xmission (for mail and dns hosting, etc).

I'm ticked that I'm maxed out at 4mb/768k and have been looking at alternatives, but I've only found Digis Wireless and I'm no fan of their infrastructure, service or capability.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I pay $49.95/month for a 50Mps (up & down) fiber optic connection on Utopia. My ISP is Prime Time Communications, formerly MStar.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I have Comcast right now at $30 a month with a 6 month pricing special. When it expires I plan on switching to Digis.
    Dan you should go fiber. I know it is available in Orem and Provo. You got to get that new house of yours wired for the future!

James

Quote Originally Posted by TooeleCherokee
    I have been using Wireless Beehive for the last 7 years.. only had 3 times with an outage 2 time were wireless beehives fault 1 was a trunk outage all less than a day. 512MBPS $29.95 a month :)

I have WB, my speeds are higher than yours though, and my phone is through them as well.
    KNow what I pay?

NOTHING.

The wife is an employee, all WB services are free for employees.
    The only thing that sucks about them is that they do not have a huge coverage area.
    They did open up an small area of bountiful. The owner lives there and got tired of having to have comcast as his provided when he owns one himself, opened up a small area there.

THey do wendover, tooele, elko, grantsville, alot of areas really, but not in slat lake valley or the really populated areas yet, no plans currently to expand to SLC either.
    I rarely have any issues with service, shes been there nearly 3 years, but we have had them for a provider for 6 years now. You will never hear me say a bad thing about beehive.
    Heres a tidbit for ya, since you live where you can have beehive.
    THey are expanding fiber network to tooele, already have it mostly finished in lake point and working on erda now. Once its in your area, for install fee (300 sticks in my head but Im not sure about that) and 50 a month you get 20 mbps service.
    They take excellent care of the employees, and they really do bust ass to take care of the customers as well.

If they had the market size that comcast and quest do, Id recomend them to everyone, no holds barred.

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000

Dan you should go fiber. I know it is available in Orem and Provo. You got to get that new house of yours wired for the future!

James
    I'd like to go fiber, and I know it is available in the area. I am thrilled to be out of my apartment and have more options now.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

29.94 a month for 1.5 mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Through who?

I have qwest DSL with MSN for 31.95 - that is a naked line at 1.5MB (no phone service). I do have my verizon wireless and Directv bundled with them as well, which knocks the price down. It would be even cheaper with phone service.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

I'm getting comcast internet & phone for $54 for a year since I'm a return customer.

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Through who?
    Skywire...it was originally 39.94 but after 1 year our contract was up and we were going to switch to Baja, but then they offered ten bucks off. My neighbor might switch and quote them the 29.94 price and I'm guessing they'll get in for that.

Comcast...price? 50 plus bones? My wife pays the bills.

Digis here at 29.95 per month. Had it for 2 years now and it suits me just fine. Before that it was comcast and those guys are just greedy bastards. Was paying 50 plus bones and said no more

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Digis here at 29.95 per month. Had it for 2 years now and it suits me just fine. Before that it was comcast and those guys are just greedy bastards. Was paying 50 plus bones and said no more
    That sounds great. I guess I don't understand the whole mbps thing. How fast is 2 mbps? Would that be comparable to dial-up? It looks like Digis has 7 mbps for $35 per month. Like I said, I don't really understand how fast a mbps is but 7's got to be a lot quicker than 2, right?

I don't understand the 2mbps vs the 7 either. All I know is for what I do, the service works great. I don't need to be able to download an Mp3 in 10 seconds vs waiting 30 seconds with Digis. It is plenty fast for what I use it for.

you guys got it easy really. Mine is bundled through quest. That means e v e r y t h i n g. including my dish. In fact the only thing I dont have in there is my cell phone. The bill is regularly over $200/month. Oh how I wish we lived in a more densly populated area....but just for the service. I like living in an area where the animal life out numbers the human life force by at least 50:1 ((( ))) .....too bad it has to be wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Did you ever make the switch? Do you like Digis? Anyone else currently using them?