Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freeze Fest VIII (First Post for Updates)

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    cc - i just got a smokin' good deal on a wetsuit at recreation outlet for $60. it's a real nice 4/3 salomon suit. deeps told me about it. might be worth checking into. they are "at the warehouse," so you have to ask specifically for them. i'm on my way to alaska, so i don't remember the exact model. something like endo 4/3 or something?

that said, if you can't find rubber for the black hole, there will certainly be people who will do other canyons that day. so it's still worth being around for the party.

i will have 2 extra wetsuits i'll bring down. both fit about 6 foot, 175-190ish. if it comes down to that, you're welcome to borrow one. one is 4/3, one is 2/2, both fulls.
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. We'll check it out.
    I appreciate the borrowing offer as well, we'll try and get things figured out and I'll let ya know.

about 95% sure we can make it, can't wait!
    better off outdoors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well I attempted to post in the Yahoo group but can't seem to find the message I posted (I can't figure that dang site out!)

So...Looks like my group of 3-4 are, at this time (depending on work, so far we're clear) planning on being there Jan 2 to the 6th. Just to make sure, the things we will need are: all the gear we have, old clothes, warm clothes, lots of firewood, any thing else? And, are the canyon groups organized once we are there or are they done in advance?

Big Thanks!
    better off outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by cookiecutter
    Well I attempted to post in the Yahoo group but can't seem to find the message I posted (I can't figure that dang site out!)

So...Looks like my group of 3-4 are, at this time (depending on work, so far we're clear) planning on being there Jan 2 to the 6th. Just to make sure, the things we will need are: all the gear we have, old clothes, warm clothes, lots of firewood, any thing else? And, are the canyon groups organized once we are there or are they done in advance?

Big Thanks!
    it all gets worked out on the fly, once there. there will probably a much smaller crowd after the weekend. probably less than 10 or so. we'll see.

there are some answers to your question on the yahoo group as well, by the way.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Someone coming to Freezefest have a paintball gun? Would be good to tag those foxes a couple times, keep them from becoming camp marauders on a permanent basis!!!

T

there are some answers to your question on the yahoo group as well, by the way.
    thanks. I'm finally getting used to it over there
    better off outdoors

I've updated and consolidated the first posts with all the information from the thread. If anyone else has questions/suggestions/ideas, post 'em here and we'll get it all organized.

Also, RAM has posted his bulletlist of all the lessons learned over the years.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/message/54355

oh yes, and PLEASE bring firewood. usually 1 bundle per day per person. can never have enough firewood, and if the crowds are big this year, we'll definitely need to have more than 1 fire.

I've updated and consolidated the first posts with all the information from the thread. If anyone else has questions/suggestions/ideas, post 'em here and we'll get it all organized.

Also, RAM has posted his bulletlist of all the lessons learned over the years.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/message/54355
    Perfect, thats a big help!
    better off outdoors

oh yes, and PLEASE bring firewood. usually 1 cord per day per person. can never have enough firewood, and if the crowds are big this year, we'll definitely need to have more than 1 fire.
    That's a lot of firewood!

I know you mean 1 bundle of firewood per person per day.

word nazi hat on
    A cord of of firewood is 128 cubic feet of wood. That is 4'x4'x8'.
    word nazi hat off

P.S. I don't intend to be disparaging of your use of words. I am just bored right now. Most everyone calls those bundles of firewood you can buy at the grocery store cords.

hahaha, yes, i meant bundle.

funny, we've been talking firewood up here in alaska alot the last couple days to heat the cabin, and my mind is stuck in "cord" talk. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    I love that someone named "Stick" is talking about firewood!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    I love that someone named "Stick" is talking about firewood!!!
    Life is Good

I just stickied this thread and moved all the important info into the first post..... as per our usual method...

The first post is the one the one to keep an eye on for news and info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Interesting, it looks like FF is going to really hit a critical mass this year. Last year was big - I think this year will be huge!

And I'm not going. Again.
    I'm wondering how we're all going to fit into Tom's party tent!
    I'm sad that you're not coming Kev ~ hopefully me & the girls can work it out to see you in May when you're out with the family!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    Well I could bring my large party tent if needed.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    Well I could bring my large party tent if needed.

I have a new Festive Party Tent - not sure how big it actually is. Given the likely massive crowds, another large tent would be a good idea. Bring it!!

Tom

I'll be thinking of you all...the social side of Canyoneering is just as important as the technical Canyoneering...perhaps some kind soul can get some pictures uploaded during the Fest, please.

I'd love to come, but there'll be too much month left at the end of the money (and so soon after MoabFest as well), but I'll be jealous.

All the best, have a great time, and Merry Christmas to you all.

Rob

have no fear rob... the events will be well documented.

Bogley BigShot
    DANG!!! There is cold and there is cold. Look how they are bundled and in front of a roaring fire!!!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!